Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BSRU

A Human Being
In the car today :angry: Also will be in it two days next week :angry:
Gives us a chance of leap frogging you in mycyclinglog, just need to do two thousand miles a day:tongue:

uclown2002

Guru
Watched the BBC weather forecast before I left home at 6.30am. "Dry until around 6pm this evening". Oh good, I'll be home before then. Got absolutely soaked on the way in!!! Flipping BBC! Anyway all the kit is now drying out ready for a dry return home. Not sure why I bothered cleaning the commuter bike yesterday though.
It doesn't matter when you clean the commuter as it ALWAYS rains the next day!

Coming home from work today I was just entering Charmouth roundabout when one of the town buses past me on it's way to do the evening shift. The driver pulled into a nearby lay-by and asked me if I wanted a lift up the hill; I couldn't resist his offer so bundled my bike onto the empty bus and chatted to him as we traveled the last stretch into Lyme :smile:

I know I've said it before on here but the bus drivers round my neck of the woods are a good bunch of people.

watchiekong

This morning's commute along the CS7:
(Community) Police at major junctions/lights advising/chatting to cyclist to be more aware and not to jump red lights etc. ALSO they will be issuing fines to those that do break the lights! I got chatting with one of them at Tooting broadway lights - They will be along the route for the next two weeks (apparently).

D

Deleted member 1258

I've just had a rest weekend so I've done some fettling, cleaned and polished the fixed, oiled it and adjusted it. Out on the commute this morning, a cold damp dark morning, and the fixed is purring along, smooth as silk, man and machine in harmony. all I could hear is the swish of tyres on tarmac and my breathing . I got beeped once for taking primary at a pinch point but apart from that everyone is behaving themselves, and as a bonus I got in just before it started raining. Dark when I left work tonight but dry, a fast ride home? why does it feel so fast in the dark? got beeped once when dodging a pothole but otherwise a routine ride home, an excellent days commuting.

Frood42

I know where my towel is
This morning's commute along the CS7:
(Community) Police at major junctions/lights advising/chatting to cyclist to be more aware and not to jump red lights etc. ALSO they will be issuing fines to those that do break the lights! I got chatting with one of them at Tooting broadway lights - They will be along the route for the next two weeks (apparently).

Can we have them in East London for both the RLJ'ing cyclists and car drivers...
We get a lot of police stop areas around Ilford where I work (that is not where I live, just where I work, office move...) looking for cars with no insurance or tax, they usually catch a few..!
Then we also get PCSO's at Bus Stops making sure people have paid their bus fares, it's a bit different around Ilford at times...

Twelve Spokes

Time to say goodbye again...
Only thing of interest on my commute was at Bow during the commute in.Was tailgated by an out of service bus with 277 on the back as far as I remember.In the wet with the tailgaiting the bus was blowing it's horn in short blasts obviously to get me out of the way.Fearing for my safety this is what I did and let him pass.I was slightly annoyed and tried to catch offending bus up and was quite confident I would,but I didn't.The bus disappeared at Mile End.

On thinking about this minor incident while at work I realised this was probably a better action than actually trying to squeeze past of what numerous buses have tried in the past.I probably wasn't as peed of at this incident as I would have been if he had taken a real risk.Doubt whether I got this on rear camera as it has been playing up,typically.

Also on the return a community officer had a go at the cyclist in front of me for stopping over the line at the lights just before Southwark Bridge.Community officers at the Bow rounderbout and a bit further towards Stratford on the CS2.They liked my white Christmas tree lights (on the frame) which have been remarked about quite a bit recently.

Last edited:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Gonna be a bit nippy overnight. Let's see what the morning brings. If it's icy then it's a mix off off road and road into the City. If it's fine, it's the extended route. Get those gloves dry Potsy, it's gonna be cold.

Top Bottom