Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Dry ride home ^_^

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Bloody hell ! That was moist ! Two days of getting drenched and everything is now full of water. Rain can stop now, everything has been watered

5305B9C8-C650-45FC-89A1-006E0B189C40.jpeg

020BE4A1-D4C6-4730-B665-99C84358D05B.jpeg

2ED72A7E-384A-48C3-8CAC-2229723E1F4F.jpeg

ExpatTyke

Yorkshireman in Deepest Somerset
I'm back at work after furlough, and have had two commutes on the bike.

Traffic has been a bit lighter than before lockdown, but speeds are noticeably faster. A lot more people out on bikes, even at 7am though.

What has changed for me is using the rack and top bag I bought for shopping during furlough, instead of a rucksack - what a differemce, so much more comfortable. I've ordered racks for a couple of other bikes I use for commuting.

gzoom

Über Member
I am going to swap back tonight, before I do, can anybody suggest a benefit for these pedals in terms of commuting.

Nope, its why my commuter bike has flats with open toe clips. Good think about Look pedals is you can use normal shoes when its dry, the surface area is nice and big, so on some days I just use my road bike with normal shoes.

Incidentally hows everyone dealing with heat on their commute. Morning cruise to work if fine, but afternoon return trip has me roasting like a turkey before xmas dinner.1

ExpatTyke

Yorkshireman in Deepest Somerset
Incidentally hows everyone dealing with heat on their commute. Morning cruise to work if fine, but afternoon return trip has me roasting like a turkey before xmas dinner.1

Struggling last night - filled up my bottle before I left work, and it was empty before I got home. I've got an extra bottle in my bag for tonight that I'll fill before I leave.

AndreaJ

Veteran
Commuting in a heatwave came to an end this morning with a very wet ride in torrential rain, thunder and lightning which obviously stopped soon after I got to work. Now trying to dry wet stuff ready for a repeat on the way home.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Ducked the cycle commute last night because it rained ALL day so the car won. Feel a bit disappointed this morning as it was moderately ok for the return trip :sad:

Bad news: Bike has been creaking for a while, got even worse tonight so had a look when I got home, cracked frame; just over 19,500 miles it has done.
That's just about the same distance my last commuter cracked. New one fast approaching 5k :okay:

Bloody hell ! That was moist ! Two days of getting drenched and everything is now full of water. Rain can stop now, everything has been watered

View attachment 530972

View attachment 530973

View attachment 530974
Still riding that old BSO! I should never have given it away it's far too good for you :laugh:

Top Bottom