Tales from today's prescribed exercise period? (lockdown special?)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

icowden

Veteran
Anyone else doing cycling as their prescribed exercise for lockdown?

The BiL and I went out today for a long ride (out through cobham, then down through Ockham, East Clandon, Gomshall, and then back up. It nearly killed me. I haven't been out in a while plus those Surrey hills are HILLY. I mean SERIOUSLY HILLY.

Still it was a lovely quiet 4 hour bike ride (well 3 hours 40 mins for 40 miles).

Anyone else exercising?

I walked to the fridge and looked inside a few times.

D

Deleted member 1258

I kept it going last week, but I'm about to start redecorating our lounge so the cycling will tail off for a while.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Anyone else doing cycling as their prescribed exercise for lockdown?

The BiL and I went out today for a long ride (out through cobham, then down through Ockham, East Clandon, Gomshall, and then back up. It nearly killed me. I haven't been out in a while plus those Surrey hills are HILLY. I mean SERIOUSLY HILLY.

Still it was a lovely quiet 4 hour bike ride (well 3 hours 40 mins for 40 miles).

Anyone else exercising?
Hope you both live in the same household?

D

Deleted member 1258

You'll have a lot of time for it (probably). I've decking / fences to do but am waiting for a bit. When I say 'I', I mean that my 15 year-old will be painting them :whistle:

I've got a complete fence to replace, 8 6ft x 5ft panels, most went down in the storms, but a couple held on but are damaged, I'll get someone in once this is over

sleuthey

Legendary Member
Done 37 solo miles this week and 15 walking.

Tale from today’s 8 mile trip to Poundland: There was a chap in there around 80 years old who didn’t have a clue what was going on and was oblivious to the 2m rule. The poor Poundland worker supervising the self service check out was having a real challenge getting him to cooperate. I thus swiped my card, held my breath and left. Only to have the checkout supervisor come out and tell me my payment had been declined. Time we got back in there this old chap had found his way to The checkout i’d used and the whole process had to start again inc other customers asking him to stand back!!

vickster

Legendary Member
Hope you both live in the same household?
Quite right

vickster

Legendary Member
I walked 5km around the locality, too cold and windy for cycling. I’ve done about 74 miles this week.
I’ll hop on the turbo for 30 minutes or so shortly

Julia9054

Guru
Doing 15 mile circuits every day. Concentrating on improving speed. This feels more in keeping with guidelInes than my usual much longer distances and more gentle pace. My son is currently home from uni. He is a climber and does a lot of core workout and flexibility exercises so I am doing these with him (at a more basic level)
We have acquired a hangboard as he is missing his climbing gym so I am having a go on that.

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
Still going up and down stairs. I won't take a picture of stairs as they are just stairs... Avoiding my bike for the large part as being a larger bloke, im liable to fall break a limb and put stress on the NHS. Overly cautious perhaps...

I've been smashing myself on Zwift every day. The pain cave is at the bottom of the garden and has bifold doors, so it almost feels like being outdoors during daylight hours - just with 28,000 other people. Mrs Spesh has been doing a 45-minute training session every evening, so I've been doing a harder ride during the day and 45 minutes to an hour every evening to keep her company. Negligible danger to the NHS and a watt is a watt, whether pushed on a smart trainer or on the road. I'm hoping that, fingers crossed, I'll come out of this fitter than I have been for a long while. 🤞

Top Bottom