Talk to me about bike cameras

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Squire
One of the reasons Bunny and I have for fitting cameras is that it helps us keep our tempers, as two ex-amateur boxers, one 194cm tall and built to match, and the other an Irish redhead, we could get ourselves in serious trouble if we did “let fly” . As it is Cycliqs keep us out of trouble and criminal motorists in it. We have found them so useful that we now carry very discreet body cameras when on foot.
If I've read this correctly a significant benefit to your use of bike cams is to control your temper? From this you've moved on to wearing a body camera. Your post reads this also helps control your temper.

Have you given this some serious thought?
 
Last edited:
Location
Widnes
Slight aside

If you have a body camera while riding
and are riding a bike with flat bars - not drops

then does the field of view of the camera include the road ahead when you are riding??
probably in the top half of the screen but that would do



thanks
 
I went for the Fly 12 Sport lately too as it seemed to tick the boxes on battery life, loop record etc and it looked decent on a mates bars (although I actually use an out front stem mount). I'm tempted by the Fly 6 but I think I prefer my radar, so I may plump eventually for the varia with the camera, although I don't think its got image stabilisation. So far I've just used the Fly 12 sport for leisure videos and not reported anything Although I think its good enough quality, I'm just a wee bit wary that a reported eejit would just take it out on a cyclist and with my luck it'd be me.


View: https://youtu.be/YzYGr9_5-zk



View: https://youtu.be/YnuQZ2_dWXM



View: https://youtu.be/6IZFaNb58i4



View: https://youtu.be/0lNr5D2ima0
 

scotsbikester

Über Member
So far I've just used the Fly 12 sport for leisure videos and not reported anything Although I think its good enough quality, I'm just a wee bit wary that a reported eejit would just take it out on a cyclist and with my luck it'd be me.
I wouldn't worry about that. The more of us that report dangerous driving, the more people there will be with points, hopefully being careful to not get any more. They also know they are being watched.

A few times I've ended up catching up with drivers and alerting them to the fact I've recorded it and it's going to the police (though I don't do that any more). I've never thought any of them seem like homicidal maniacs, just thoughtless and/or careless drivers.
 
Top Bottom