Tan wall tyres.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

iandg

Legendary Member
Panaracer Pasella with tan walls been one of my favourite tyres for many years this was 2007

472508561_536d4244dc_z.jpg

johnnyb47

Guru
I like tan sidewall tyres but they get really dirty looking after a few months of winter cycling..

davidphilips

Veteran
My view is whatever floats your boat, but great to see any cyclist taking pride with his bike, only color i hate to see on bike tyres is red and only because i am always wary of someone using a trainer tyre on the road.

Fredo76

Über Member
Nice retro touch, I say.

In the '70s, there were no such things as black sew-ups. Black bicycle tires came on department-store bicycles. Natural sidewalls look very classy to me.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Whilst they can look good with certain colour schemes, like has been pointed out above, they are soon looking tatty after a bit of wet riding. I'll stick with black these days.

johnnyb47

Guru
When I first started cycling again a few years back I replaced the old tyres with some red walled tyres.They looked great new ,but they soon started to look grotty..With the great British winter with salt on the roads , oil flinging off the chain set they went to look absolutely filthy, and no matter how much cleaning and scrubbing they would never clean up.
Tan wall tyres will go the same way,
They do look rather classy though and look much better than just plain black when new,but I stick to all black tyres now as they seem to keep their good appearance for longer.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I'll share a tip, Mr Sheen sprayed on the sidewall will remove a lot of the grime. Still a faff.

Top Bottom