Tanned arms.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Eribiste

Careful with that axle Eugene
Velominati rule 7
Rule #7
// Tan lines should be cultivated and kept razor sharp.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
My arms legs and head tan very well as i work outside, though the forearms get it the most from cycling and work. However my feet remain white even after many hours sunbathing in just swimming trunks! I don't know why but they wont tan.:scratch:

BrynCP

Über Member
There's even a section of my hands which are tanned where the glove has a cut-out :laugh:

Same here. I've been asked be a few people how I bruised my hand! I just then show them my fingers and wrists and it all becomes clear that I just wear fingerless gloves:blush:

I've survived helmet strap lines though, probably as I put a lot of SPF50 on my face and neck!

This is my first summer cycling, and in my previous life I rarely ventured out into the sun, so all this deep tanning is a new thing to me!

vickster

Legendary Member
I have a darker bit on the inside of my wrist between where my watch strap stops and the glove starts!

snorri

Legendary Member
I had a rather confusing experience on a warm day a few years back when looking out through the steamed up windows of a cafe and saw a cyclist approach who was stripped to the waist. The skin colour suggested Japanese or Chinese, the dark hair was short and bushy, and although somewhat flat chested the white horizontal band across the upper back indicated a bikini top tanline. Now I have seen topless ladies on the beach, but a topless lady cyclist was a whole new experience for me, anyway this one decided not to enter the cafe and cycled on northwards.
A few miles further up the road and I booked in to a hostel I had stayed at before where there is always segregation of the sexes in the dormitories. Imagine my surprise then to find i was sharing a dorm with the cyclist I had seen at the cafe. Conversation was difficult due to language problems and I was thoroughly confused by this deep voiced bikini wearer but as the evening wore on I discovered this guy regularly wore a heart monitor strapped to his chest when running in the hills of Japan, hence the bikini-like tanline across his back^_^.

BrynCP

Über Member
The first piece of tan I got this year was on a particularly sunny day around March/April I think it was.

I was still wearing a jacket and full finger gloves, but the jacket rolled up a bit leaving a one inch gap, I thought nothing of it. When I got home in the shower, I was horrified to see this band around my right wrist! It's still the darkest part of my tan now about an inch thick.

Now my tan is sort of 3/4 of each finger, a circular part on the back of hand from gap in glove, then just above wrist up to upper arm. My knees themselves are much darker tanned than my lower legs, which are also tanned. Every other part of my body is very white as is my complexion!

I am not sure whether a patch tan is better or worse than my usual no tan (I am actually a computer programmer, and the image in the post above held true for me in previous years!)

Here is part of my hand!
upload_2014-8-1_23-35-20.png

andrew_s

Legendary Member
You can get spotty hand from wearing old-style string-backed mitts, and interesting patterns on your feet if you ride in SPD sandals.

Cubist

Still wavin'
My arms have a razor sharp tanline across the bicep. My bald head has a series of burnt lozenge shapes from the sun through my helmet vents after last saturday's ride. :blush:Knees and shins nicely tanned, with socklines for the first time in years. Full fingered gloves means my hands are paler than my arms.

Top Bottom