Tap water - what great value!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Just received a bill for 6 months of water. We used just under 50 cubic metres or tons of water, for which they are charging us £65.00.

That's £0.0013 per litre and the water here comes straight from Thirlmere so it's fresh, very cold and tastes delicious.

How much is a litre of bottled mineral water?

longers

Legendary Member
Rigid Raider said:
Just received a bill for 6 months of water. We used just under 50 cubic metres or tons of water, for which they are charging us £65.00.

That's £0.0013 per litre and the water here comes straight from Thirlmere so it's fresh, very cold and tastes delicious.

You get the added bonus of having had me swim in it too. At no extra charge.

mr Mag00

rising member
be even cheaper if we didnt have to remove agri chemicals, auto pollutants and sanitary products and used grey water for washing clothes and flushing loos.

simoncc

Rigid Raider said:

Are you with United Utilities? At my house, which I don't live in most of the time, I use about 0.5 cubic metres of water per week or 13 per half year. For this I get charged £19 per month or £115 for six months.

You are using about 4 times as much for just over half the cost. And my water comes from Thirlmere too. Are you on a special introductory deal or something?

peanut

Rigid Raider said:

ours comes from our neighbour's bladders ;) (local treatment plant)

My monthly DD is £33.20 for water and waste so I suppose water would be about half that £16.60 per month

OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
simoncc said:
Are you with United Utilities? At my house, which I don't live in most of the time, I use about 0.5 cubic metres of water per week or 13 per half year. For this I get charged £19 per month or £115 for six months.

You are using about 4 times as much for just over half the cost. And my water comes from Thirlmere too. Are you on a special introductory deal or something?

Careful - this was the cost of the water only, I didn't mention that the total bill is £125 because of all the other charges!

We do get a small discount because our surface water discharges into a brook.

But it just drops out the sky and they bung it in a pipe!

Yes cheap next to drinking water but it is about a penny every time you flush the loo so really it is quite a lot in that way.

Privatised they have a monopoly and rip us off.

They put up my bill by about 20% here to pay for new infrastructure. That is like Sainsburys charging me an extra fiver when they want to open a new store.

Like comparing the cost of a AA battery with mains electric!!

Top Bottom