Tapatalk advert on top of iPad screen

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lee_M

Guru
I'm confused by your message Shaun. I've not even got tapatalk installed - so I assumed that was why I was getting the message

OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I'm confused by your message Shaun. I've not even got tapatalk installed - so I assumed that was why I was getting the message

Same here, no TapaTalk, but I've still got that annoying message:

Here is a screen shot for my iPad.

Attachments

• photo.PNG
    photo.PNG
    43.8 KB · Views: 54

Shaun

Founder
It is being generate from the Tapatalk add-on that is installed here, on the CC server - which is generating the prompt on your device browser. Once they fix it and I update the add-on on the CC server it should remove the notice.

It used to be a simple popup notification and when you clicked "Cancel" it went away and stopped pestering you, buy they've obviously changed tack and decided to go with this banner thingy now.

The point though, is it should still be easy to dismiss the notice and it's obviously sticking for some people, so I'll revert to a previous version tonight if they don't provide a fix today. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
It is being generate from the Tapatalk add-on that is installed here, on the CC server - which is generating the prompt on your device. Once they fix it and I update the add-on on the CC server it should remove the notice.

It used to be a simply browser-based popup notification and when you clicked "Cancel" it went away and stopped pestering you, buy they've obviously changed tack and decided to go with this banner thingy now.

The point though, is it should still be easy to dismiss the notice and it's obviously sticking for some people.

I'll revert tonight if they don't provide a fix today. :thumbsup:

Thanks Shaun, It might be worth noting that the "View" option does not work either.

Shaun

Founder
I think it's an overlay image that isn't disappearing like it should - the trigger to hide it obviously isn't working for some devices/platforms.

I can't do anything at the moment but will sort tonight. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Another thing I have notice today with that banners is that when you go to different threads on the site ipthe banners goes to the middle of the page stays there for about second then goes back to the top, I've also notices that the display is jerky and pages take longer to load.

Shaun

Founder
I've uploaded a modified file that properly reports the version number back to Tapatalk but not sure if they've tweaked anything else in the process (they've not responded to the support thread I posted in).

Could one or more of you who are experiencing this problem check it now for me please and if it's still playing up I'll overwrite it with the previous working version.

Thanks,
Shaun :biggrin:

albion

Guru
Wasn't there some change of requirements at Apple, helping encouraging app developers to use the Apple ad system?

edit - skip that. I see now it is a web advert, not an app advert.

Top Bottom