Tape recommendations

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Doyleyburger

Veteran
Can anyone recommend a nice comfy tape. Picking up my new felt on Friday and it's all black with white tape so I want to replace the white with black.
Cheers

vickster

Legendary Member
Any colour other than black ;)

Fizik performance or lizardskins. If it must be black, specialized phat is popular

mattobrien

Guru
Lizard skin. You won't look back.

I now have both road going bikes equipped with this and when it does need replacing, of which there are no signs of wear after a few thousand miles, it will be lizard skin again.

Not the cheapest, but you get what you pay for.

What model felt are you getting grant and what's happening with the defy,? is it going to be n+1?

OP
OP
Doyleyburger

Doyleyburger

Veteran
What model felt are you getting grant and what's happening with the defy,? is it going to be n+1?
Thanks guys. The defy will be sold as I have discovered its two sizes too big for me, which is why I keep getting a stiff neck. (Bought on eBay without trying one for size)
Anyway I have gone for the Felt Z85 in black with 105 all round. I went to pick it up yesterday in a 56 but I seemed a little stretched on it so they have ordered me a 54 which I will pick up midweek. Can't wait !!
Sorry @vickster but yes it has to be black or possibly red as the bike is black and red. The white tape stand out like a sore thumb and has to be changed immediately ^_^

Been trying to find Felt ribbon gel cork tape which I saw on an AR model yesterday ( really nice gel which kind on looks like leather on first impressions......but can't find it anywhere

OP
OP
Doyleyburger

Doyleyburger

Veteran
Went with a dark red Deda tape.
Suits the bike just right I think......
I put some thin foam sheeting underneath (the cheap stuff you put under laminate flooring) which has given it just right amount of cushioning without it looking too bulky
image.jpg

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
"Sorry @@vickster but yes it has to be black or possibly red as the bike is black and red. The white tape stand out like a sore thumb and has to be changed immediately ^_^"

Yet the Felt decals and bottle cages are white!:thumbsup:

Top Bottom