tapiriik - how to sync Garmin, Strava, Endomondo et all

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
I've just upgraded to a Garmin Edge 510 partly because it connects to my iPhone via bluetooth and automatically uploads my ride data to Garmin Connect (which I'm new to). So I was daydreaming that it would be lovely if there was a service to sync the rides that are automatically uploaded to Garmin Connect to my Strava and Endomondo accounts. Then I found www.tapiriik.com which appears to do just that.

Has anyone used tapiriik? Any strong opinions?

musa

Über Member
i recently used garminsync.com bit of faff to understand, as any previous activities needed to be set to public manually. however, if you go into privacy setting and changed it, any new activities is automatically done

OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
i recently used garminsync.com bit of faff to understand, as any previous activities needed to be set to public manually. however, if you go into privacy setting and changed it, any new activities is automatically done

I did look at garminsync.com but couldn't tell if it was going to re-upload all my old activities or not so got scared and ran away.

I'm having stuff all luck getting tapiriik to let me connect to Endomondo, possibly due to the fact I sign into Endomondo using my Facebook account.

Gareth C

Veteran
Andrew,

Just seen this, and it looks good. I had the same issue with Endomondo (used FB to log in upto now). However, if you click the "I forgot my password" button, enter your email address, and then set up a password for your account (by clicking the link they email to you), you're good to go.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention!

OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Andrew,

Just seen this, and it looks good. I had the same issue with Endomondo (used FB to log in upto now). However, if you click the "I forgot my password" button, enter your email address, and then set up a password for your account (by clicking the link they email to you), you're good to go.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention!

You've freed me from the tyrany of the Facebook login!

OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Right, I'm signed up now. I was loving the usability of this site until I got to the settings bit.. what the duece does all this mean?

sync.png

I guess I'll find out next time I go for a ride!

I've also realised that I'll have to go edit my Strava rides depending on which bike I'm on, but that's no huge problem as I ride my singlespeed most of the time anyway.

OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Non-cycling friends have always been almost mortally offended that Endomondo posts to my timeline, and last night for some reason apparently 40,000 miles and 'thousands' of activities got posted to my Facebook page, causing a total shet-storm of wringing from MANY people I know.

Tommy2

Über Member
how do either of these sites cope with multi sport activities like triathlon?
strava doesn't like triathlon as it doesn't recognise the transitions or the different sports, so it all ends up looking like 1 long bike ride instead of 3 sports with transitions, can't remember if endomondo does this too.
it would be good if these sites took the info from garmin connedct and spilt it properly before uploading it to strava and endomondo.

Venod

Eh up
I have used Garminsync but ended up with loads loads of activities from a guy in Canada as well as my own ! he had done some nice rides & runs in what looked like interesting terrain but it wasn't me.
http://www.tapiriik.com/
I'll have a look at tapiriik thanks for posting the link.

david k

Hi
would this link sync older activities?
i use a garmin 800 so have to login anyway and currently upload to all 3 sites. id like to use 3 years of endo data and sync to strava

OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
good stuff, let me know how it goes please andrew

Well I've just done a www.veloviewer.com update and that's gone a bit bat-poopy. So the actual Tapirik system is great, but I'm yet to be able to decide on whether the overall system works a treat or not.

Well what is life if not an opportunity to run face-first into innovation!

Tomorrow I'm taking my singlespeed up to the lake district...

Top Bottom