tapiriik - how to sync Garmin, Strava, Endomondo et all

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tommy2

Über Member
I've just synced mine and had no problem.
Sometimes I have to re authorise if it doesn't appear to be syncing.

trio25

Über Member
Thanks for this its brilliant, I've just paid to automatically synch as well as its so cheap.

trampyjoe

I track the walks I take my daughter on using Endomondo and this sync system has the funny side affect of making me look like a RUBBISH runner on Strava. Yesterday was four miles with a total time of over three hours :smile:
oh fecksticks, I forgot that I track my walking round here with endo .. wonder how strava has dealt with that?!

Tommy2

Über Member
How come endomomdo has disappeared from this?
The only thing I've put on endo recently have been my swims because the are manually input, and I've deleted activities off my garmin which means I'd have to copy each file individually from garmin connect to get endo back up to date, think I will stop using endo completely now.
Typical as I just told my cousin about tapiriik to try and get him to use strava as well as his endo account.

OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
I don't know, but Endomondo ceasing to be a part of the sync makes the whole thing totally redundant to me.

Tommy2

Über Member
I'm just gonna stop using endo now, I tend to look at strava data more anyway, just habit that kept me using endo.

OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Anyone know if this sync method from Garmin to Strava includes the miles in Strava Challenges?

I can't see why it wouldn't? Going by my understanding of the way data works (and I have half an idea as it's my job) the 'base data' passed from Garmin to Strava would only include the miles and ride data, it would then be up to Strava to decide how to assign and segment that data.

Has that helped?

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I can't see why it wouldn't? Going by my understanding of the way data works (and I have half an idea as it's my job) the 'base data' passed from Garmin to Strava would only include the miles and ride data, it would then be up to Strava to decide how to assign and segment that data.

Has that helped?
i've just joined up and paid for the auto sync, hope it works now

J4MIE_P

Has that helped?

Yes thanks :smile:

I know that Strava says only rides uploaded directly to Strava are included in challenges so just wanted to make sure :smile:

Top Bottom