tapiriik - how to sync Garmin, Strava, Endomondo et all

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tommy2

Über Member
Shame that endo has gone, "DCrainmaker" caused a massive back log, and now Tapiriik is having to repair because of vital missing data from syncs???

Doesn't seem to be having a good time recently.

RussellZero

Wannabe Stravati
Is anyone else using this? The sync seems to have slowed waaaaaay down.
I saw a message on their site after Christmas saying that due to the DCRainMaker review of their site (and others), they've experienced much heavier traffic and loads, so they took away the manual sync for a period and just said "bear with" to use Miranda's mum's favourite expression. Its sped up a lot since then but I guess it's doing much more now still than it was before. I'm pretty relaxed about it, this time of year I'm not setting any PRs let alone KOMs! When my ride turns up on Strava without any trophies it doesn't make me feel great :smile:

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
i use tapiriik as well and it took nearly 20hours to auto sync my turbo session from last night

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Bugger. I ordered a 510 today and came across this thread from searching for a method to upload rides to Endomondo. Initially very encouraged but then read through the whole thread...

This could be a problem. I mainly use Endomondo because it syncs with Myfitnesspal. Maybe I should switch to Runkeeper, which syncs with both Tapiriik and Myfitnesspal. On the other hand, Mr Tapiriik has lately posted on Twitter that he's rewriting his code to get it working with Endomondo again, so maybe there's hope.

Even better would be some way to connect the 510 directly to Endomondo via the iPhone app.

OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Well Garmin Connect is back up and Strava has synced!

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I've looked into this some more and I've discovered that you can sync from your Edge 510* to your mobile device (iPhone, iPad etc) using the Wahoo Fitness app, which in turn will sync with Garmin Connect, Strava, RunKeeper, MyFitnessPal etc.

Looking forward to investigating this when my 510 arrives...

*also Edge 810, FR 220, FR620

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Going to have to wait a bit longer to find out how/if it works, unfortunately - my Edge arrived this morning but the fecker doesn't work!

The touch screen responds erratically in places and not at all in others. I thought it was just me doing something wrong at first but it's definitely a faulty unit. Most infuriating. :cursing:

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Great app.
I like to have my data on Strava and Endomondo (not fussed about Garmin Connect), so until it supports Endo I doubt I'll bother with it.
For my normal commute I just run the Strava and Endomondo apps on my phone concurrently, and if on a longer one I'll use my Garmin and just manually upload onto both at the end.

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
I think the sync schedule is hourly, so if you happen to upload to Garmin Connect at minute 59 in the schedule, that would happen.

Top Bottom