Targets for 2021

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
As I've had a shiv 18 months as far a exercise is concerned I thought I'd put up some targets for this year.

100km a week on the bike.
50000 m climbing
Weigh less at the end of the year than at the start of the year. Currently 123.2kg clothed.
If it happens. ToC 100 miles completion.

Nothing too outlandish, but all way more, or less as the case may be, than I could do in 2020.

Last edited:

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I have some goals for 2021.

Lose 5kg.. Currently 84.4kg
Take a flight in a glider.
Build a reading room in the garden.
Ride Denmark end to end in stages with Jannie
Walk a virtual Jogle
Learn more about baking and cooking

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Thanks for starting the thread TB :okay:

2020 was not a great year generally and devastating for me personally so my cycling took a bit of a hit. My wife made me promise to do as much riding as I want and to try and do some cycling trips / sportives. Tour of Cambridge (if it goes ahead) is a target, as will be some local riding. I'd love to ride in France or Spain but that will depend on the pandemic as much as me. So, my targets will be something like ..

- Ride more KMs/miles than 2020 (8000kms +)
- ToC in less than 5 1/2 hours
- 3+ 100 mile outside rides
- Finally get my weight below 70kg
- Do my late wife proud

As of today, and we are still very early in the year (!) my aim this year is more riding long rather than racing. I'll do the weekly race on Zwift if selected, but rest of days will aim to be longer times in the saddle to get ready for ToC and some hopefully longer outside rides.

Last edited:
OP
OP
theboxers

theboxers

Thanks for starting the thread TB :okay:

2020 was not a great year generally and devastating for me personally so my cycling took a bit of a hit. My wife made me promise to do as much riding as I want and to try and do some cycling trips / sportives. Tour of Cambridge (if it goes ahead) is a target, as will be some local riding. I'd love to ride in France or Spain but that will depend on the pandemic as much as me. So, my targets will be something like ..

- Ride more KMs/miles than 2020 (8000kms +)
- ToC in less than 5 1/2 hours
- 3+ 100 mile outside rides
- Finally get my weight below 70kg
- Do my late wife proud

As of today, and we are still very early in the year (!) my aim this year is more riding long rather than racing. I'll do the weekly race on Zwift if selected, but rest of days will aim to be longer times in the saddle to get ready for ToC and some hopefully longer outside rides.
If you can get to the continent almost anywhere outside of the main cities is worth riding. Spain has mainly superb roads right down to farm tracks. But beware that quite a few roads aren't.

I did ride quite a lot, for me, in the 3 weeks, over 2 months, I was in Spain. Up early and ride was the plan and I pretty much stuck to that.

Do the rides you want when you want. You will enjoy them.

OP
OP
theboxers

theboxers

Well I, yesterday, hit target number one. :wahhey:

I set it at the start of my current cycling odyssey, on the indoor turbo trainers, way back in Aug 2014 with my first virtual ride.
Bkool :- klm que faltaban
That target was 18st 11lb, 120kg, 264lb. Today I hit 119.9kg, a total loss of 16kg from my maximum weight 136kg, 299.2lb 21st 5lb 10oz. Never quite made it through the measured 300lb barrier :blush::rolleyes::smile:.

It's not a finished goal. The posts have moved :eek:. The new target is now 17st 11lb, 113.6kg, 250lb :sweat:. Hopefully this loss will be a bit quicker than the last lot :blush:

shimceltic

Veteran
Move house.
Cycle more, the new place is miles from my local club but very hilly so solo tough rides.
I did the Gran canaria bike week 4 stage tour last year and I'd love to go back and try all 7 days.

CXRAndy

Guru
Move house.
Cycle more, the new place is miles from my local club but very hilly so solo tough rides.
I did the Gran canaria bike week 4 stage tour last year and I'd love to go back and try all 7 days.

You should try Tenerife, if you haven't already. I can put you in contact with a tour.

They will take you on 6 days of fun😁👍

shimceltic

Veteran
You should try Tenerife, if you haven't already. I can put you in contact with a tour.

They will take you on 6 days of fun😁👍
Maybe If we can travel one day. The Gran canaria one was an official 7 day event with rolling road blocks, support vehicles etc.

CXRAndy

Guru
I rode several routes in Gran Canaria upto the Pico from around Maspolomas. I enjoyed GC, but felt the roads and variety weren't as good as Tenerife. I must admit the views were stunning in GC.

The company I've used many times is Tenerife bike training.
https://tenerifebiketraining.com/

Their Volcano tour is a good one

rivers

How far can I go?
I've got a few hefty targets for 2021
Sub 5 hour 100 mile TT
Improve on my 10 mile TT time
Complete a few 25 and 50 mile TTs
Take an hour off my time for Chase the Sun- this should be fairly easy. Less time faffing at the stops should cover most of it.
And the big one: Lots of rides with friends in the real world, not on Zwift. This is mostly out of my hands, but I hope it happens. I miss my friends

Top Bottom