Targets for 2021

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
theboxers

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Wow. The ride today may be giving me Bkool fairy dust numbers.

2.53w/kg 285w FTP :ohmy:. Love the numbers but can I trust them :laugh:

Was at Hillingon cycling circuit and did some Hill repeats @about 600w, most over, some under. Hard work for me :mrpig::laugh:

CXRAndy

Guru
Excellent results Boxers. If you're unsure of the figures, have a few,days rest, repeat. :okay:

I'm trying to get fat metabolism adapted. I've gone through the first stages of tiredness, irritability.

I completed a 1.5hr ride with no food before hand, no food on the ride and no food for 4 hours after. I never felt hungry or felt like I was going to bonk at anytime. I just drank water.

I've lost 3" off my waist, visceral fat going quite quickly.

It's still early days of adjustment to different meals, discovering alternatives.

OP
OP
theboxers

theboxers

I'm gonna take a few days then do a HIIT session, probably VO2 related, on BRVR. Then do some of my norma, around me, rides.

Then next Saturday go back and do the same route and see what happens. Only problem I have was that my headunit threw a wobbler and didn't pick up the HR strap so I don't have any HR data for that period :cursing:.

I see pain in my future :blink::sad:

OP
OP
theboxers

theboxers

As I've had a shiv 18 months as far a exercise is concerned I thought I'd put up some targets for this year.

100km a week on the bike.
50000 m climbing
Weigh less at the end of the year than at the start of the year. Currently 123.2kg clothed.
If it happens. ToC 100 miles completion.

Nothing too outlandish, but all way more, or less as the case may be, than I could do in 2020.
Well I've had my year on Strava sideshow arrive.

I am currently 116kg, not my lowest of the year but after the last 7 weeks I'll take that.

I think I really lost a lot of motivation due to the ToC push back. A reset for another attempt next year, ass u me ing, it goes ahead.

Still a few km to do this year but I topped or bottomed, as the case may be, my targets this year. So just rinse repeat, with a bit added or taken away, next year will be good.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Thanks for starting the thread TB :okay:

2020 was not a great year generally and devastating for me personally so my cycling took a bit of a hit. My wife made me promise to do as much riding as I want and to try and do some cycling trips / sportives. Tour of Cambridge (if it goes ahead) is a target, as will be some local riding. I'd love to ride in France or Spain but that will depend on the pandemic as much as me. So, my targets will be something like ..

- Ride more KMs/miles than 2020 (8000kms +)
- ToC in less than 5 1/2 hours
- 3+ 100 mile outside rides
- Finally get my weight below 70kg
- Do my late wife proud

As of today, and we are still very early in the year (!) my aim this year is more riding long rather than racing. I'll do the weekly race on Zwift if selected, but rest of days will aim to be longer times in the saddle to get ready for ToC and some hopefully longer outside rides.
Been a difficult year personally for me so not as successful target wise as planned, but the bonus is I'm still here which at times wasn't always a certainty!

I think the only target I've got close to is doing my late wife proud ... it will be 12 months this week since I lost her, and I know she will be proud that I am still riding, still racing hard, I'm not just sat in a dark room eating chocolate and getting fat.

Let's see if 2022 can be a bit better than this last year though!

Been a difficult year personally for me so not as successful target wise as planned, but the bonus is I'm still here which at times wasn't always a certainty!

I think the only target I've got close to is doing my late wife proud ... it will be 12 months this week since I lost her, and I know she will be proud that I am still riding, still racing hard, I'm not just sat in a dark room eating chocolate and getting fat.

Let's see if 2022 can be a bit better than this last year though!
I had that bonus after the c thing and a major op in 2019 and came back stronger, I hope you do too.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I had that bonus after the c thing and a major op in 2019 and came back stronger, I hope you do too.
Hopefully you're clear of the big 'C' now :okay:

When something so bad happens, it does let you look at life differently. I'm still getting there personally, but trying not to take life to seriously because, let's face it, our destination is the same, is only our personal journeys that are different and we are (mostly) in control of that :okay:

You need some new targets for 2022 ... and it sounds like you need a new bike too :whistle::tongue:;)

Hopefully you're clear of the big 'C' now :okay:

When something so bad happens, it does let you look at life differently. I'm still getting there personally, but trying not to take life to seriously because, let's face it, our destination is the same, is only our personal journeys that are different and we are (mostly) in control of that :okay:

You need some new targets for 2022 ... and it sounds like you need a new bike too :whistle::tongue:;)
All clear thanks and I had the fortune to finish the 'treatment' just before this other c thing hit.

A new bike will always be appreciated but a new crankset is the priority. 59kg was too much of a load for it.

I'll have to think carefully about my 2022 targets :okay:

Top Bottom