Tasked with finding a car for a relative

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
Don't really care for SUV's, more so the Duke. If I had to get a cheap one would probably be a Honda CRV. Tend to see a lot of old ones around, which is usually a good sign. Believe that the 2.2 CDTI is a really good engine, would imagine petrols are good if they make them, having owned a few Civic petrols.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
These aren't bug SUV's. Advantages are higher driving position, and alot easier to get in and out of, especially if you are getting older or have a knackered back.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
There are 1130 used Jukes on Nissan's approved used car list right now. Surely there's one that meets the brief? Damn I should have googled that incognito, this is a work laptop! :laugh: :laugh:

Just looked on the Nissan used site and they are all over budget

What about a mini countryman??

Tried one of them on her and got a BIG no which surprised me a lot
Also showed one of the Fiat 500 variants and that also got turned down

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Don't really care for SUV's, more so the Duke. If I had to get a cheap one would probably be a Honda CRV. Tend to see a lot of old ones around, which is usually a good sign. Believe that the 2.2 CDTI is a really good engine, would imagine petrols are good if they make them, having owned a few Civic petrols.

A CRV would be my choice especially the Petrol Mk 2 Variant but they got the no due to the amount of road tax which is a pi55 poor reason

Jameshow

Veteran

Tried one of them on her and got a BIG no which surprised me a lot
Also showed one of the Fiat 500 variants and that also got turned down

No surprised tbh!!

BMW X3??

I had the same run around with my sister in the end I left her to it. She replaced her crash damaged touran with a Toyota corolla verso. Not bad but not my cuppa tea!!

Dadam

As I say, going to have to compromise on that or something else.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
No surprised tbh!!

BMW X3??

I had the same run around with my sister in the end I left her to it. She replaced her crash damaged touran with a Toyota corolla verso. Not bad but not my cuppa tea!!

Absolutely not BMW if I am in charge.

A Corolla verso would be a good shout

Just got told we are are looking at an Astra today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

DRM

Guru
Must admit it seems like you’re on a hiding to nothing, used prices are crazy at the moment, especially having such a narrow idea of requirements, and not being willing to consider other cars

Top Bottom