Tasked with finding a car for a relative

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Should have brought that doh!!

I had an old TVR many moons ago it was truly wicked when it ran reliably

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Might have found a Quashqai for sale locally just waiting to hear back from the trader . If available will try and organise a viewing.
Strange thing is a lot of the smaller garages are closed over the weekends which I would have thought was the best time to be open. I understand people are allowed days off.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Might have found a Quashqai for sale locally just waiting to hear back from the trader . If available will try and organise a viewing.
Strange thing is a lot of the smaller garages are closed over the weekends which I would have thought was the best time to be open. I understand people are allowed days off.

Ask them if they will accept a refundable deposit to hold the car for you.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
I earmarked two jukes to enquire about last night and both have been sold within 24 hours

I followed behind a car transporter with 6 Jukes on board yesterday, on their way to the Docks from the Nissan Factory.

On a hopefully, more helpful note, Juke and Quashqai are quite popular Motability cars, any chance that you have an acquaintance has such a Motability car and could do a deal with you at end of lease period?, if such a recent car is within the budget of course.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
What about a Suzuki sx4 or a Vauxhall Mokka? They are a bit like the Juke.

We've been here :laugh:

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
The Juke isn't particularly big inside. Bit of a waste TBH.

Couldn't agree more

What about a Suzuki sx4 or a Vauxhall Mokka? They are a bit like the Juke.

Looked at a Mokka and it didn't pass the style required same as the Suzuki

Ask them if they will accept a refundable deposit to hold the car for you.

Managed to get a quick view this afternoon and it's not that clean and tidy as I hoped.

I followed behind a car transporter with 6 Jukes on board yesterday, on their way to the Docks from the Nissan Factory.

On a hopefully, more helpful note, Juke and Quashqai are quite popular Motability cars, any chance that you have an acquaintance has such a Motability car and could do a deal with you at end of lease period?, if such a recent car is within the budget of course.

There's a local garage that do get a lot of ex mobility cars in but nothing at the moment or in upcoming auctions.

Just spotted two on autotrader that fit the bill apart from being diesels, so need to have that conversation as previously diesel's were an absolute no no

Dadam

Been told today to step up the looking as the car needs sorting before the other things that need sorting so whoopie

Not a great time to be buying used. I'd be tempted to tell said relative their requirements are too limited and they may have to revise their expectations downwards. Model, budget, timescale: pick one to compromise on!

There are 1130 used Jukes on Nissan's approved used car list right now. Surely there's one that meets the brief? Damn I should have googled that incognito, this is a work laptop! :laugh: :laugh:

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Not a great time to be buying used. I'd be tempted to tell said relative their requirements are too limited and they may have to revise their expectations downwards. Model, budget, timescale: pick one to compromise on!

Tried that approach and shown a few variations but they all get the thumbs down.
Personally I would not have a Juke as rear seat space is limited and very claustrophobic, Quashqai is better

Top Bottom