Tattoo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
rich p said:
I thought a oneone was half of a tutu?

Trust you to only partly bash the bishop rich.
This is turning into a three four all...

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Sounds a good idea to me.
I'm having my very first tattoo done shortly, which is a cycling one.
Like you, cycling has had such a huge, positive effect in my life that that is never going to change.
Even if I gave it up tomorrow, I'd have that reminder of my life turning around thanks to discovering cycling.

I think your Livestrong idea is a great one, a lot of people don't know that they carry out good work to promote health in all its aspects, weight being one of them.
Good luck, look forward to the pictures :wacko:

wafflycat

Over The Hill said:
I am glad I had second thoughts about having a Gary Glitter Tattoo in 1977

4.gif

wafflycat said:
Whether I'm a Lance fan or not has nothing to do with it. As I said in my original post I wouldn't get anyone's name tattooed. To give another example, Cheryl Cole had 'Mrs Cole' tattooed on the nape of her neck shortly after her marriage to some overpaid primadonna who runs round a field attempting to chase a ball: a bit stupid of her considering her impending divorce!

She'll be fine, she can afford the laser removal ;)

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I have Llch tattooed on my 'manhood'.
When I get excited, it says "Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch" ;)

Maz

Guru
wafflycat said:
Cheryl Cole had 'Mrs Cole' tattooed on the nape of her neck shortly after her marriage to some overpaid primadonna who runs round a field attempting to chase a ball: a bit stupid of her considering her impending divorce!
I think that's called The Ex Factor.

I'm heavily tattooed my arms are sleeved and my back and chest have big tattoos on, tattoos are a personal thing so get what YOU want and not something that someone else thinks you should get instead

If you have a name tattooed on you and you decide at a later date that you no longer want it then any half decent tattooist will turn the name into chinese writing so that it still looks good but you cant read the original writing that was there

livestrong-tattoo-771136.jpg

cyclisttattoo.jpg

Niether of the above are on me

Simonj

Maz

Guru
I had a tatoo on my chest once and nearly broke a rib.
Heavy little b@stard, he was.
tatu2.jpg

(younger viewers' won't know WTF I'm on about).

kyuss

Veteran
Mmmmm. Tattoos are obviously a very personal thing but I'm really not sure about having what is essentially a brand name put in my skin for the rest of my life. If it's what you want, I'd never judge you for it, and I'm sure they do fantastic work. But Marie Curie, Cancer Research, Maggies Centre, also do fantastic work with those suffering from the illness (and are closer to home too), but you wouldn't consider getting their logo tattooed on you would you? I'm guessing you fancy it because you're a cyclist?

How about getting your tattoo artist to come up with something that shows your love of cycling in an original way (that is why you pay them after all, the good ones at least, are proper artists not just folk able to weild a tattoo gun). After all getting Livestrong tattooed on you isn't going to benefit the foundation or cancer sufferers in any way is it?

Benthedoon

I am quite heavily tattooed myself and the best advice I cangive you is, don't rush them. The small, quick ones are the ones you'll live to regret maybe not straight away but once you've got the ink it doesn't go so make sure you can spend the rest of your life looking at it.
Laser removal is, as I understand it, far more painful than being tattooed and it still leaves a scar.

Top Bottom