tattoos & body piercing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maz

Guru
I remember when I was a kid my mum pierced a young man's ear with a needle and thread (apparently how it was done in India). For whatever reason, he didn't get it done professionally. This image of the wincing man is ingrained in my head!

Renard

Calling it body art is somewhat pretentious. Unless you describe kids' drawings as art. None of the stuff you actually see drawn on people would make the walls of a gallery or an exhibition. I'm still trying to work out what that thing on Jamie Staff's leg is?

I reckon it is a fashion and will pass, and like all things fashionable will look pretty horrendous in the future. At least when I had stupid haircuts, and the rest of it, when I was younger it wasn't permanent.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Calling it body art is somewhat pretentious. Unless you describe kids' drawings as art. None of the stuff you actually see drawn on people would make the walls of a gallery or an exhibition.

sorry but most of what I see in galleries is pretentious tosh only admired by people who want to be seen as being sophisticated. Give me tattoo artwork or the work of a child any day.

darkstar

Calling it body art is somewhat pretentious. Unless you describe kids' drawings as art. None of the stuff you actually see drawn on people would make the walls of a gallery or an exhibition. I'm still trying to work out what that thing on Jamie Staff's leg is?

I reckon it is a fashion and will pass, and like all things fashionable will look pretty horrendous in the future. At least when I had stupid haircuts, and the rest of it, when I was younger it wasn't permanent.

I think you are sounding quite pretentious yourself to be honest. I think some Tattoos looks amazing, many hours need to go into them though.

Renard

I think you are sounding quite pretentious yourself to be honest. I think some Tattoos looks amazing, many hours need to go into them though.

No I was trying to sound reasonable. What I actually think is they are crap pictures drawn on half wits. They take ages because of the technique not because of how good they are. Calling it art makes it sound more sophisticated than it is. That's only a personal opinion mind ;)

martint235

Dog on a bike
No I was trying to sound reasonable. What I actually think is they are crap pictures drawn on half wits. They take ages because of the technique not because of how good they are. Calling it art makes it sound more sophisticated than it is. That's only a personal opinion mind ;)

I so enjoy being a half wit

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
I saw someone today with a wing on either calf muscle. Looked sweet, shame about the crappy fixie he was on

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah

Yup, it's a fashion that will pass
icon_rolleyes.gif
... except that tattooing has been around for at least 12,000 years.

bobg

Über Member
No 2 daughter had 3 piercings on each ear, one on nose, one on tongue, one on eyebrow and one on bellybutton. Plus a chain between ear and nose... and walked about wearing a binbag..............She did the one on her eybrow herself with a red hot needle. Not forgetting orange hair and black makeup.
All gone now, she's 30 and (almost) normal .
You think they're a worry when they're young..... you aint seen nothing.......

Arch

Married to Night Train
I have nothing beyond the standard pierced ears (but I've not worn earrings for years now).

I do, very occasionally, think a tattoo would be cool. Something simple in just black, and almost always hidden - top of an arm, or back of a shoulder. And probably cycle related...

Top Bottom