Tatty rockshox dual air makeover :O)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I bought a cheap secondhand pair of rockshox revelation forks in brilliant working condition but very tatty scratched and scuffed and in a horrible satin burgundy red, which did'nt match my bike at all :sad: ............

Here they are now after major cosmetic surgery complete with new decals :thumbsup:

Attachments

• 13062011185.jpg
    13062011185.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 47
  • 16062011195.jpg
    16062011195.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 46
  • 21062011200.jpg
    21062011200.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 48
  • 28062011225.jpg
    28062011225.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 45

G-Zero

Über Member
Nice :thumbsup:

Is that your own work ?

OP
OP
deano69

deano69

Veteran
Yep all done by hand over the last month taking time to strip, prime and respray then decals came today so got those on just waiting for 2 new rubber dust seals and lubricating sponge wipers for tops then can finally put on bike but ok as I have cheap zoom ones on for now so still can use...........

Its been lots of work and many hours of graft but well worth the effort :biggrin:

G-Zero

Über Member
In that case you've done yourself proud :biggrin:

My RS Judys need something similar, but I don't have the time, the patience and most importantly..... the skill.

OP
OP
deano69

deano69

Veteran
I have been made recently redundant so plenty of time in between job hunting :laugh:

As for skill I am quite handy at these types of jobs and all self taught from age of 10, it involved going to bare metal with just fine wet and dry paper then using a tack cloth wiping down to remove fingerprints etc on the bare polished aluminium then priming let dry 24 hrs then fine wet flating with 0000 grade steel wool then wipe down again with cloth to remove all prints and dust then repeating the process as there is 5 thin coats of primer baring in mind it needs 24rs to harden between coats so very time consuming.............

Then the same process again with the black gloss paint which has 5 thin coats then once painting finished, repeat same process all over again for the clear lacquer top coats which I did 3 then leave for weeks to fully harden apply decals, then leave another month or 2 before applying any wax polish.

So anyone thinking of doing same this is what you are letting yourself in for :laugh: :laugh: Don't do it :cry: :tired:

Top Bottom