Tatty Selle SMP

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossala

Guru
I'm looking for a cheapish Selle smp saddle to test out. I'm looking for one as it hurts when I pee after I do rides over 200k.

Looking at the slimmer models with less padding, let me know what you have.

Thanks.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
I'm looking for a cheapish Selle smp saddle to test out. I'm looking for one as it hurts when I pee after I do rides over 200k.

Looking at the slimmer models with less padding, let me know what you have.

Thanks.

Contact Debbie at UK importers Dilglove and they will lend you one with a deposit

OP
OP
fossala

fossala

Guru
Got a phone call from Brian while at work today and by the time I could return it he had gone home. I'll give him a bell tomorrow and see what his advice is. From reading around I think I'd like to try a Forma but will try whatever Brian recommends.

@Heltor Chasca How does the trail system work, pay for the saddle in full and get a refund if/when returned or are actual test saddles sent out?

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Got a phone call from Brian while at work today and by the time I could return it he had gone home. I'll give him a bell tomorrow and see what his advice is. From reading around I think I'd like to try a Forma but will try whatever Brian recommends.

@Heltor Chasca How does the trail system work, pay for the saddle in full and get a refund if/when returned or are actual test saddles sent out?

If they do it the same as when i bought my lite 209's , they send out a "test" branded saddle for a full price amount and this is credited back once test saddle is back with them

OP
OP
fossala

fossala

Guru
If they do it the same as when i bought my lite 209's , they send out a "test" branded saddle for a full price amount and this is credited back once test saddle is back with them
Cheers. Have you kept riding the lite 209 or have you changed between them over the years?

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog

As explained by @biggs682 but they were very accommodating and sent 3 saddles as they were quiet. I used the two closest to my requirements on 200+km rides at a time to really tell me what was happening down below. You know after 100km, but you REALLY know after 200km.

OldShep

Über Member
Contact Debbie at UK importers Dilglove and they will lend you one with a deposit
The service can save you an expensive mistake. My own experience is they don’t try and push dear models at you. I tried two saddles sent both at once. After discussion on my riding and needs I got the saddle I thought might work and also a saddle Debbie recommended I try. Debbie was right and I bought the Hybrid Gel and weeks later completed a LEJOG without issues.

OP
OP
fossala

fossala

Guru
@biggs682
OK, after me and Brian missed each other for the past week we finally managed to catch one another and just got off the phone with him. An unpadded forma is in the post to me. He recommended the dynamic but I reasoned with him that I'd like as little padding as possible while being comfortable enough so would prefer to start at one end and go up as needed. I'll post back here with how I get on. I guess I should also try and get this moved from the wanted section.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
@biggs682
OK, after me and Brian missed each other for the past week we finally managed to catch one another and just got off the phone with him. An unpadded forma is in the post to me. He recommended the dynamic but I reasoned with him that I'd like as little padding as possible while being comfortable enough so would prefer to start at one end and go up as needed. I'll post back here with how I get on. I guess I should also try and get this moved from the wanted section.

Good stuff! I can tell you after yesterday’s Dorset 200, I am butt-pain-free due to my Selle SMP Well Gel. Although to be fair, it was such a lumpy route, I spent a lot of time out the saddle.

How did you get on? Did you spot this bike and it’s matching orange striped rider?

25BC7751-F622-4126-97F8-6862026FD5DE.jpeg

Top Bottom