Tcr sl 1 2020 vs tcr pro 0 2021?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

New bikie

Regular
Hey guys, interested in your thoughts on what would be a better bike overall of the two?
1. Tcr advanced sl 1 disc 2020
2. Tcr advanced pro 0 disc 2021

The 2020 SL model has better quality carbon (stiffer?) whereas new 2021 pro 0 model is more aero. So maybe it comes down to what's more important, stiffness or aero?

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Links to each bike would be good.

DRM

Guru
Personally I'd save $1000 and have the Shimano Di2, I don't honestly think you'd notice any other difference once you get to this price point

OP
OP
N

New bikie

Regular
The thing is that i both of them are same price now, because the sl0 2020 is the old model and is on discount.

DRM

Guru
I would personally go with the Shimano Groupset, as think it will be better than SRAM, but that’s my preference, as for the frameset you can’t go wrong with a Giant

rivers

How far can I go?
I'd go with the advance pro 0 based on the seat post alone. On the SL 1 it will need to be cut to size.

OP
OP
N

New bikie

Regular
I'd go with the advance pro 0 based on the seat post alone. On the SL 1 it will need to be cut to size.
Thanks mate. Seat post is not an issue to me. What are your thoughts on aeroness of pro 0 vs better carbon quality of sl?

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Personally I'd save $1000 and have the Shimano Di2, I don't honestly think you'd notice any other difference once you get to this price point

Agree about Shimano over Sram.

I see both bikes have press fit bottom brackets.

These gave no end of bother, certainly on cheaper bikes.

Press fit might be better now, or better on bikes that cost this much.

OP
OP
N

New bikie

Regular
Agree about Shimano over Sram.

I see both bikes have press fit bottom brackets.

These gave no end of bother, certainly on cheaper bikes.

Press fit might be better now, or better on bikes that cost this much.
Thanks heaps! What are your thoughts on the frames only - more aero 2021 vs bbetter carbon 2020 model?

BigMeatball

You're asking a very specific question/opinion (more aero frame VS better carbon quality) about frames coming from 2 similar bikes both at a high price point.

The only opinion that really counts would be from someone who:
- is a similar rider to you
- owns both bikes
- understands about aerodynamics and carbon quality enough to provide meaningful feedback.

Except from this person's opinion, all the other ones have no value whatsoever.

Top Bottom