TdF 2013 route ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thom

____
Corsica, Nice and zig-zag to Paris
Take it with several pinches of salt but I imagine the broad outline is probably correct.
Includes Mt Saint-Michel, Ventoux & Alpe d'Huez (not on the same day..., double climb of the Alpe ? I wonder if that means going over the Col de Sarenne)
Anticipating 1 team time trial and 2 individual time trials but no Prologue.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
There is another way off AdH IIRC. The Col de Sarenne was rough and narrow when I went down it a few yearts ago. It may have been upgraded though.
I was considering touring in Corsica at that time next year but I'm slightly torn between not going as it will be rammed, or going and trying to see the first couple of stages.

OP
OP
thom

thom

____
There is another way off AdH IIRC. The Col de Sarenne was rough and narrow when I went down it a few yearts ago. It may have been upgraded though.
I was considering touring in Corsica at that time next year but I'm slightly torn between not going as it will be rammed, or going and trying to see the first couple of stages.
Yeah you wouldn't want to send a peloton descending down there, even with freshly tarmaced roads. It is the best way up the Alpe though.
Edit, but all this is speculation for now

Individual TT to Mont St Michel could well be in range for a couple of nights raiding party and well worth seeing, as well as St.Malo.

Buddfox

Veteran
Went up the Alpe and down Sarenne this summer and all agreed it wasn't suitable for the tour - it will need some work!

OP
OP
thom

thom

____
So it looks like they will sort out the Sarenne for the tour : http://www.ledauphine.com/sport/2012/09/24/gros-menu-sur-la-carte

En provenance de Gap, le peloton doit se coltiner deux fois l’ascension dauphinoise, alors qu’on avait imaginé un temps deux arrivées successives en haut : on monte les 21 lacets, on redescend par la route du col de Sarenne -qui sera bientôt goudronnée-, on fait le tour de la montagne et on remonte par les 21 virages.

raindog

er.....
So it looks like they will sort out the Sarenne for the tour : http://www.ledauphine.com/sport/2012/09/24/gros-menu-sur-la-carte
thanks for the link thom - interesting stuff
If it's correct, apart from the Ventoux and two ascents of l'Alpe there'll be an ITT up this.....

Le_Semnoz_depuis_Leschaux.jpg

raindog

er.....
Ah yes, I'm sure you're right
"16 bornes (par les Puisots avec des passages à 10 %)"
16 ks with bits of 10% - must be the other side. I just clicked on the first profile I saw without thinking.
God, that'll be a tough TT.

Buddfox

Veteran

En provenance de Gap, le peloton doit se coltiner deux fois l’ascension dauphinoise, alors qu’on avait imaginé un temps deux arrivées successives en haut : on monte les 21 lacets, on redescend par la route du col de Sarenne -qui sera bientôt goudronnée-, on fait le tour de la montagne et on remonte par les 21 virages.

It would be great if they did it - it's a wonderful route (and OT if anyone is heading out to Bourg I highly recommend pressing on through Alpe d'Huez to do it, you can then head up to Les Deux Alpes from the bottom of the descent)

Top Bottom