TdF 2013 route ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
thom

thom

____
Another variation ! Time trial to round it off on the Champs Elysee this time...:
A3phCYoCAAAMoLT.png

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I find it hard to believe that they won't have the traditional neutralised/sprint fest for the last stage.

dragon72

Guru
I can't bloody wait till the Corsica stages. I rode the whole island with my camping kit a year ago and it was a cyclist's wet dream. Humungous mountains, beautiful coastline and exquisite nosh. The pros better watch out for the wild pigs on some of the high passes though. I nearly went for a burton a few times when they ran into the road while I was descending at a rate of knots.

raindog

er.....
I can't bloody wait till the Corsica stages. I rode the whole island with my camping kit a year ago and it was a cyclist's wet dream.
I'm envious. I was there about four years ago with the wife and swore I'd go back with a bike. Never have though. Absolutely gorgeous place - I can understand some of the natives being p ssed off about being colonised by the French.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I'm envious. I was there about four years ago with the wife and swore I'd go back with a bike. Never have though. Absolutely gorgeous place - I can understand some of the natives being p ssed off about being colonised by the French.
They were not colonised by the French. Corsica originally belonged to Italy but the island was sold to France in 1768, one year before Napoleon was born on the island, hence making him French.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I was planning on touring there next summer but this may have put the mockers on it, or at least changed the date. I'd like to catch some of the tour too but it will be rammed I imagine.

raindog

er.....
They were not colonised by the French. Corsica originally belonged to Italy but the island was sold to France in 1768, one year before Napoleon was born on the island, hence making him French.
Thanks gavroche - "occupied" would've been a better word.

Ajay

Veteran
Lots of ways to get there, either "lo-cost" direct or with Air France, I went Manchester - Bastia in May with easy jet, took the bike without a problem and rode the 1000km Tour de Corse route as per Audax Club Parisien. The helicopter shots of the race along the west coast corniches will be stupendous!

Top Bottom