TdF 2013 route ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
thom

thom

____
Apparently the mayor of Alpe d'Huez will ask the municipal council to remove Armstrong's name from the 2 corners of the 21 that his name adorns, 19 and 21. Previously they were taken by Kuiper and Coppi but I guess whoever wins this year can slip in at least one of them - possibly both if they use the guy who get's over the first time first.
Pantani's name still there twice...

raindog

er.....
I'll be glad when this Armstrong crap finally fizzles out and we can get back to racing. I'm sick of hearing his bloody name. :laugh:

OP
OP
thom

thom

____
This is definitely on. We had a sort of semi-official sneak preview on this evening's news that confirmed it.
I'll also have another stage finish in Montpellier. :becool:
Indeed - finish and start:
A59RARlCcAIrujm.jpg

PpPete

Legendary Member
I like that the Champs-Elysees laps will go all the way up and round the Arc de Triomphe too.
Much better than that rather artifical U-turn just short of it.

cd365

Guru
Fantastic news for me, my place is only a few KM from Fougeres so I will go to the end of stage 10 at Saint Malo, watch the iTT (might try and get to Mont St Michel early or watch it on the road somewhere) and I will watch the start from Fougeres. Though I do want to see if there is a hilly bit or me to watch it, but I don't think so.

My mates have already told me they will be staying at mine for a few days.

tigger

Über Member
Early reactions on Sky Sports News showed interviews with Wiggo and Froome. Wiggins was quite open about the possibility of him concentrating on the Giro and then riding in support of Froome in the Tour. Shane Sutton alluded to as much a few weeks ago.

Anyone found the full details of the route on line yet? Can't seem to find it on le tour site yet?

tigger

Über Member
Really looking forward to this, just two hurdles for me. Firstly, I'll need to get over my aversion to Froome if indeed he is the main British hope. Secondly, and far more difficult, how do I tell the wife that I'm off to Corsica for at least 3 days whilst she's staying at home with the kids? :cheers:

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
Fantastic news for me, my place is only a few KM from Fougeres so I will go to the end of stage 10 at Saint Malo, watch the iTT (might try and get to Mont St Michel early or watch it on the road somewhere) and I will watch the start from Fougeres. Though I do want to see if there is a hilly bit or me to watch it, but I don't think so.

My mates have already told me they will be staying at mine for a few days.

what do you mean your mates! i though the whole of CC was staying over! :whistle:

Top Bottom