1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TdF Stage 3 - spoiler

Discussion in 'Pro Cycling (Road and Track Racing)' started by Keith Oates, 10 Jul 2007.

1. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

Another flat stage and another day for the sprinters, I'm sticking my neck out and say it could be Cavendish for the win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. pat1

pat1 New Member

I cant belive there is only one non-starter after yesterdays stage. Tough chaps.

3. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

Some of these riders climb on their bikes when most people would stay in the bed for a week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Steve Austin

Steve Austin The Marmalade Kid

Whose the non-starter?

5. pat1

pat1 New Member

Agritubel up the road again.

"Frenchmen Nicolas Vogondy (Agritubel) and Mathieu Ladagnous (Française des Jeux) away. At the first intermediate sprint in Tournai, Vogondy crossed the line ahead of Ladagnous, and it was 11 minutes and 35 seconds before Mikel Astarloza (Euskaltel) passed the line at the front of the peloton."

6. pat1

pat1 New Member

Vaitkus - Discovery Channel. Broken thumb in 5 places. He had an operation last night and had a plate put in.

7. Steve Austin

8. Whisky Wheels

Whisky Wheels New Member

So Cancellara was OK - he looked like he might have broken his wrist yesterday

9. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

Just over 30 KPH for the second hour, they really are taking things easy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. skut

skut New Member

D'ya reckon the slow speeds are indicative of a cleaner peloton, or is it just that none of the teams can be bothered to drive the pace?

11. Steve Austin

its the longest stage so thats part of it.

pictures on Europsort now and they are cruising slowly

12. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

I think so many of the riders are carrying injuries they are using today almost as rest day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey Toll Collector on the Road to Nowhere

Cancellara - an absolutely amazing attack. Just storming ahead of the sprinters and past the breakaway group... phenomenal.

Good to see Cavendish in the Top 10 too where he belongs on these stages. Hope to see him a bit higher over the next few days.

14. Whisky Wheels

Whisky Wheels New Member

Quite clearly Cancellara was still in it. :blush:

15. Steve Austin

not sure how the breakaway managed to ot win, how the sprinters managed not to win, and how did Cancellara get away from all of them!