Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Biscuit

Legendary Member
There are no Isles round here.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Wiggle parcel #1 has arrived ... with 'bo :hyper: Just hope #2 arrives tomorrow. <bites nails>

Trying to decide if I missed a bit when I cut my hair earlier. :scratch: Oh well, I usually do. Anyone who expects anything different will continue to disappointed. :thumbsup: Have also hoovered.

Does anyone want to go out to the shed for me to see if my puncture repair worked?

Speicher

Vice Admiral
:wacko: I would like some very strong :cuppa: please. :wacko::banghead:

I have just had a very long tedious conversation with my Mother. :wacko: Sometimes I think she forgets who she is talking to, and she often does not hear what I say. :wacko:

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I had planned to visit her this Sunday. She detailed about twenty problems, all fairly minor, that she is having. I cannot face sitting with her indoors listening to all these problems again and again. Fortunately she has very good neighbours. One of whom is going to take her to a garden centre this weekend. She has a party to attend tomorrow afternoon, and someone will be giving her a lift there and back. Another neighbour is sorting her phone batteries for her. My brother is trying to sort out her bank account.

I would happily help her, but if she cannot hear what I am saying, and does not think I know what I am talking about it makes things very difficult nearly impossible. :cry:

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
I had planned to visit her this Sunday. She detailed about twenty problems, all fairly minor, that she is having. I cannot face sitting with her indoors listening to all these problems again and again. Fortunately she has very good neighbours. One of whom is going to take her to a garden centre this weekend. She has a party to attend tomorrow afternoon, and someone will be giving her a lift there and back. Another neighbour is sorting her phone batteries for her. My brother is trying to sort out her bank account.

I would happily help her, but if she cannot hear what I am saying, and does not think I know what I am talking about it makes things very difficult nearly impossible. :cry:
:hugs:

Does she get any official help/support?

Speicher

Vice Admiral
:hugs:

Does she get any official help/support?

Long story short, no. She used to get "home help" but did not want to continue with that. She has a cleaner once a week for an hour an a half. My brother, sister-in-law and I all said she needed more regular support/help/assistance but she does not agree.

As Rocky says, if she made a list, it would clarify things. If I had twenty things to sort, I would write a list, and keep track of what is happening. I think the short answer is that at 92 she is losing the ability to concentrate and remember things.

She consistently asks my advice, or asks if I agree with her about whatever it is, then she either contradicts what I have said, or ignores my advice. :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom