Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
I have got so fed up with my mother bombarding me with requests as soon as I go through her front door, that I have said she must make a list as and when she wants something doing. Then when I arrive, she can greet me normally. We can sit down and have a :cuppa: and a chat. Then I will look at her list. I have told her that I will not visit if she keeps bombarding me. I think it is working....but not always.

I told her on Wednesday I was coming up to Yorkshire. She phoned me on Thursday asking me where I was and wondering why I hadn't visited. It is all I can do to restrain myself from being rude....

Good luck Wol :thumbsup:

:laugh:

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I agree Rocky about making a list. Then you can look at the list, see if there are things/tools that you need to do those things, and plan ahead, deciding on priorities.

Often I have spent a day with my mother, doing things. Then half an hour before I am due to leave, she decides there is something extremely urgent that needs doing right there and then.

potsy

Rambler
My mum's not quite at that stage yet thankfully, and anyway my sister lives a lot nearer to her than I do :whistle:

Carb loading already Jo? :mrpig:

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Mums sound the same everywhere... I certainly recognised the same things with mine [she's 80 now]... I've taken to calling her every evening on my way home. That way she gets to speak to me every day [just for a few minutes now] and can tell me things she needs doing the next day if urgent. It makes her calmer and she has something to focus on.... Ironically this means as we chat every day not much happens between calls and she's relaxed, and doesn't rattle off lists any more and if I miss a call one day she doesn't freak out as she knows I'll have a reason.... a plan without fault!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom