Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TVC

A request to the bumkins and alcos around here. More thoughts for my birthday outing. Hamburg and the best train set in the world is a possibility, however I'm much taken with the idea of a cider tasting weekend - in cider country obviously. Anyone got any experience or know of any organised outings? t'internet has thrown up a couple, but they involve driving, which kind of defeats the object.

Much obliged.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Rent a cottage, cycle round the different cider farms by day, then sit and drink the lot that night?

Reactions: TVC

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Riding home tonight was like climbing one of the stupid yorkshire hills, the wind made everything feel like it was pointing upwards, including the downhill bits :surrender: :sweat: :training:
It was windy here too - it kept me awake half the night.

When I got up, I discovered that the wind had deposited a huge black plastic composting bin in my back yard!

I went round to the local market this afternoon and found that 70% of the stalls were empty. Apparently, the other stall holders had turned up first thing but couldn't cope with the wet and windy conditions so they packed up again and went home.

Arch

Married to Night Train
It was quite tempting to go back to the pub when we finished the fish and chips.:cheers:

Yeah, but Tea is cheaper, and also the perfect thing after chips. We can pub again tomorrow. We're going to a benefit concert for work on Saturday evening, and there maybe pubbing after that too!

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
I went to Iceland in 2002. It was a guided tour. The guide was very knowledgeable about the history of Iceland, the geology, the Sagas, culture, music, and everything. Not only that, but he was excellent at explaining things, as he used to be a geology teacher. The tour took eleven days to go all around the island. I would like to return and concentrate on the southern part of Iceland.
Yep - I'd certainly go back in the blink of an eye. Mrs 26 hates cold tho' and it can be pretty cold

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Yep - I'd certainly go back in the blink of an eye. Mrs 26 hates cold tho' and it can be pretty cold

Yes, it was very cold. I went in August. One day I was wearing a tee shirt, a light weight fleece, a heavy fleece, a water proof coat, trousers, and over trousers, it was that cold. :eek:

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Yes, it was very cold. I went in August. One day I was wearing a tee shirt, a light weight fleece, a heavy fleece, a water proof coat, trousers, and over trousers, it was that cold. :eek:
I went in June. It snowed. It blew a frozen one from the pole. One day (only one in 2 weeks) I was able to take my outer windproof parka off as the temps rose to the dizzying heights of 50 F. But it was all worth it :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom