Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Or when your lying on the floor, in A&E, legs either side of your head & you're trying to tell the doctor you can't move. You're given a stare that makes you think twice. You move your head, leaving a clump of hair stuck to the floor & another patient for A&E behind when you get up.
Ha ha ha! When I went to A&E for my near death experience OH had driven me in (despite both being ICU nurses we hadn't called an ambulance, something we both now realise was very silly indeed!).
As he guided me to the seating area I remember the occupants of the seats taking one look at me and scattering! God knows what I looked like!
I was placed on seat by OH whilst he went to reception, but I was so ill I was having trouble sitting on the seat. I remember thinking "I'll just lie down on the floor". I was about to let myself just slide down off the seat, when my heroes arrived and whisked me off to resus!
Details here 11 Apr 2012

Sara_H

Guru
Oh dear I'm very sorry, that whole event is horrific, and I truly hope you're now fully recovered, but am I allowed a little snigger about your head getting glued to the floor? It's ok if I'm not.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
:eek:!

Reading about horrific things like that makes me realise that I have been very lucky, in a curious kind of way. What has been wrong with me is extremely serious, but the treatment is so simple - just a couple of pills a night. As long as I don't end up as one of the unlucky people on anticoagulants who suffer a serious internal bleeding episode, I should be ok.

Sara_H

Guru
:eek:!

Reading about horrific things like that makes me realise that I have been very lucky, in a curious kind of way. What has been wrong with me is extremely serious, but the treatment is so simple - just a couple of pills a night. As long as I don't end up as one of the unlucky people on anticoagulants who suffer a serious internal bleeding episode, I should be ok.

I'm seeing a psychologist at the moment, the experience has caused me a few little wobbles, it seems to have taken away my belief in my own immortality :laugh:. So as an example, as I went to bed last night feeling a bit poorly, I hardly slept at all cos I was so worried that I was going to deteriorate in my sleep. I kept a bedside vigil for myself!
Not really getting anywhere fast though. The very nice psychology man says the answer lies within myself, I just have to find it. Well WTF is the NHS paying him for then!
:rolleyes:

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
@phil_hg_uk I feel your pain I have a recurrent dodgey rib from having it smashed by a boom when a silly person let it go many years ago,

The last time I had a emergency to the hospital was when I was about 37 wks pregnant with User76 and as she is safely here and all was fine I can laugh about it now, I basically went to the loo and found blood, flowing blood, this is not good, my Mum was visiting and did we do anything sensible nooo, Mum said are you sure you have not just cut yourself on loo roll, I said I am sure, so what ensued next was Mum insisting I sat on the edge of the loo, whilst she laid on the bathroom floor to peer, now why I did not lay on any of the many beds in the house or indeed the sofa for her to look I do not know, anyhoo called Midwife who said call ambulance NOW! Very Scarey for me, I am good at getting pregnant not good at staying pregnant for the required amount of time.

So I was carted orf in ambulance straight to maternity by-passing A&E, but not before a conversation with my then 4 year old who was most un-happy cos it was not fair that Mummy got to ride in the ambulance and he was not allowed as he had to go in Nana's car. :laugh:

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I have just placed an order on-line with Mr Ocado, should I add some bikkits to the order? :unsure:

Speicher

Vice Admiral
smiley-hug005.gif

for Phil

Arch

Married to Night Train
I'm back home. My train was delayed, and then when it got to Victoria it was cancelled altogether, so I had to change to one going to Huddersfield, and change there for York. :unsure:

Just finishing my tea, then I'll go shopping, to avoid the 'just shutting my eyes for a moment' trap. I've got various Nectar vouchers to use (get XXX extra points when you spend XX on such and such a thing), so I'll have to stock up on tinned tomatoes and pesto.

Then I'll pickle a gherkin when I get back, or at least start the salting process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom