Votes: 8 3.8%

Votes: 2 1.0%

Votes: 6 2.9%

Votes: 4 1.9%

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Before 2004

Votes: 19 9.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
End of January this year. Slipped on some ice.
Ripped the scalp open on the way down & split/cracked the skull on hitting the floor.
Whilst being treated at the local A&E, I had a fit(epilepsy) & a heart attack. Came too on the floor unable to move the head very much. Glue they'd been using was now holding my head to the floor. Left a bit of hair on the floor lifting myself of the floor.

Drago

Legendary Member
Last week to get my piles checked over.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I saw a friend of mine who has a PHD last week, does that count?

My last visit to the doctor was about 7 or 8 years ago... although I know i should visit more often, what with all this prostate scare mongering and the like... but I don't really like the idea of going to see the doc just so he/she can stick their finger up my @$$

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!

I saw a doctor in the Midlands when I caught chickenpox when I was 8 years old, in 1964.

I've been to the local surgery 3 times since I moved to Hebden Bridge in 1986. The first time was in in 1989 when I got back into cycling and got a bad dose of sunburn when I stupidly did a 5 hour mid-summer ride without any protection. That time I was seen by a nurse who put cream and dressings on the nasty oozing blisters that resulted.

In 1992, I got a bad case of 'strep throat' which I ignored for a few days until it felt like I was gargling with barbed wired and I could no longer swallow. I saw the doc and he put me on antibiotics.

While I was there, the doctor took the opportunity to update my medical records since the NHS didn't have a clue what I'd been up since my previous doctor's appointment in 1964! I told him that my hearing wasn't great so he sent me for a test and I went back a 3rd time to get the results which told me what I already knew which was that my hearing was impaired, but was functional!

And, that was that!
I was really bleedin' begging to be humbled by the bad health fairy, wasn't I! :blush:

Fast forward a few months from that post of mine and guess what - I have been ill for nearly 5 weeks now with chest problems! At first, I tried doing my usual thing of 'toughing it out' and ignoring the NHS as if I were some kind of superman, immune to the nasty bugs that bugger up mere mortals but a night spent awake in the foetal position gasping for breath and with my heart going crazy was finally enough to convince me that I needed help. Even then, I waited until the local surgery opened rather than calling out an emergency doctor. :wacko:

Chest x-ray tomorrow, heaven knows what after that ...

And the moral of this story is that a healthy person does not need to see a doctor very often, but a wise person goes when necessary!

If you have anything more than a minor illness - see your doctor! :whistle:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
End of January this year. Slipped on some ice.
Ripped the scalp open on the way down & split/cracked the skull on hitting the floor.
Whilst being treated at the local A&E, I had a fit(epilepsy) & a heart attack. Came too on the floor unable to move the head very much. Glue they'd been using was now holding my head to the floor. Left a bit of hair on the floor lifting myself of the floor.

Well, since you are there you might as well get your money's worth! :laugh:

Seriously though, I hope you are well/still on the mend now!

I had a colonoscopy on Thursday just past, does that count?

I should be having an operation later this year to.... err... well... reconnect it all back up down there as it were*, so, yes, I'd say it counts.

* - The bottom fell out of my world, quite litterally.

byegad

Legendary Member
I'm getting my money's worth this year. After developing arthritis some years ago my right knee has been bothering me for the last 18 months so had X-rays, talk of being too young for a replacement as they only last 15 years, by then I'd be 76 if I'm still around! The Physioterrorist suggested some light pedalling on a static machine until I mentioned my hobbies! Now I'm waiting for a throat examination following 6 weeks of a hoarse voice, probably caused by inhaler use for my asthma rather than anything sinister.

classic33

Leg End Member
Well, since you are there you might as well get your money's worth! :laugh:

Seriously though, I hope you are well/still on the mend now!

I could say nuts to that, but they went in 99.
Still getting bits of dry skin from around the area I ripped the hair out, but nowt new there. Same with the fit, thats a part of life.
Heart attack, second time in the same A&E department. Caused by severe reaction to local anisthetic used. Last words I remember using were asking what the nurse was using.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Couple of weeks ago.
Ongoing consultation about my shoulder that was injured in my off in Feb.
Said it's going to take about a year to heal completely,

Top Bottom