Votes: 8 3.8%

Votes: 2 1.0%

Votes: 6 2.9%

Votes: 4 1.9%

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Before 2004

Votes: 19 9.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I was really bleedin' begging to be humbled by the bad health fairy, wasn't I! :blush:

Fast forward a few months from that post of mine and guess what - I have been ill for nearly 5 weeks now with chest problems! At first, I tried doing my usual thing of 'toughing it out' and ignoring the NHS as if I were some kind of superman, immune to the nasty bugs that bugger up mere mortals but a night spent awake in the foetal position gasping for breath and with my heart going crazy was finally enough to convince me that I needed help. Even then, I waited until the local surgery opened rather than calling out an emergency doctor. :wacko:

Chest x-ray tomorrow, heaven knows what after that ...

And the moral of this story is that a healthy person does not need to see a doctor very often, but a wise person goes when necessary!

If you have anything more than a minor illness - see your doctor! :whistle:
And to really drive home that point - I was rushed into hospital straight after my x-ray and was in there for 9 days having tests which revealed that I have serious blood clots in my left leg and lungs! Treatment could take 6 months.

OP
OP
mickle

mickle

innit
Out of interest, and in case I've missed it - why do you ask?

And why only men?

Because there is a common perception that blokes tend not to go to the doc as often as they should and often stick their heads in the sand when theres something wrong.

And because i was about to visit the GP for the first time in a decade.

Thanks. I'm making slow but steady progress back at home.
Good to hear that Col, :thumbsup:

Longshot

Best of luck with the visit. I made a rare visit to a medical facility - in this case the local Walk-In Centre - earlier this year with a sore toe. I ended up with seven nights in hospital :ohmy:

Reece

Veteran
This year but I have to feel really bad to go.

Plus 2 out if the last 3 times I have been over the last 7years I've been referred straight to hospital after the doc listening to my chest then having a shocked look on her face. The worst being when she thought I had tb, turned out my lungs were slightly collapsing.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Last year but nothing too serious. Steel Toe boots dug a nice infected wound into a toe and it went all shades of funky.

Sorry if you were eating :biggrin:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Last year but nothing too serious. Steel Toe boots dug a nice infected wound into a toe and it went all shades of funky.

Sorry if you were eating :biggrin:
When I worked in a factory, a couple of my colleagues set about winding me up by systematically sabotaging my work over a period of 3 or 4 hours. I warned them to stop but they persisted and eventually I saw the 'red mist'. I felt very much like giving them a good thrashing, but decided to be civilised and kicked a large pallet across the factory floor instead. The impact of my big toe on the bottom of the steel toecap of my safety boot mushed the nail, and eventually turned the front end of my foot purple. Bloody painful, it was! (Oh, how they laughed ...) :cursing:

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
When I worked in a factory, a couple of my colleagues set about winding me up by systematically sabotaging my work over a period of 3 or 4 hours. I warned them to stop but they persisted and eventually I saw the 'red mist'. I felt very much like giving them a good thrashing, but decided to be civilised and kicked a large pallet across the factory floor instead. The impact of my big toe on the bottom of the steel toecap of my safety boot mushed the nail, and eventually turned the front end of my foot purple. Bloody painful, it was! (Oh, how they laughed ...) :cursing:
That's precisely what I did, although I was moving a table at the time, using the steel to support it as I walked it lol

HSE would love me

Top Bottom