Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Peace
Well I think it will go one of two ways:

1. Prod prod ............ no nowt wrong just bruising go away
2. Here is a card turn up at the hospital and they will x-ray you

Fortunately our hospital had a drop in x-ray dept so you just turn up with the card form you GP and you get in whatever queue there is at the time and they x-ray you and you leave nice and quick.

Take a long book with you.

Love the NHS but understaffed is an understatement.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
Peace

Take a long book with you.

Love the NHS but understaffed is an understatement.

It is not that bad, there are times you can go and it is very quiet last time I was only there about half and hour.

Sara_H

Guru
Well I think it will go one of two ways:

1. Prod prod ............ no nowt wrong just bruising go away
2. Here is a card turn up at the hospital and they will x-ray you

Fortunately our hospital had a drop in x-ray dept so you just turn up with the card form you GP and you get in whatever queue there is at the time and they x-ray you and you leave nice and quick.
Make sure they cover your gonads up if you have an xray.

classic33

Leg End Member
I have NO heating on and i have a window open. Yes its grey, yuck and raining but my thermostat shows 22 degrees.

Phil you are not selling Yorkshire:stop:
Yorkshire isn't for sale!
I'm beginning to doubt he's actually from where he's claiming to be. And those doubts increase daily.

classic33

Leg End Member
Or when your lying on the floor, in A&E, legs either side of your head & you're trying to tell the doctor you can't move. You're given a stare that makes you think twice. You move your head, leaving a clump of hair stuck to the floor & another patient for A&E behind when you get up.

Sara_H

Guru
Or when your lying on the floor, in A&E, legs either side of your head & you're trying to tell the doctor you can't move. You're given a stare that makes you think twice. You move your head, leaving a clump of hair stuck to the floor & another patient for A&E behind when you get up.
Ha ha ha! When I went to A&E for my near death experience OH had driven me in (despite both being ICU nurses we hadn't called an ambulance, something we both now realise was very silly indeed!).
As he guided me to the seating area I remember the occupants of the seats taking one look at me and scattering! God knows what I looked like!
I was placed on seat by OH whilst he went to reception, but I was so ill I was having trouble sitting on the seat. I remember thinking "I'll just lie down on the floor". I was about to let myself just slide down off the seat, when my heroes arrived and whisked me off to resus!

Sara_H

Guru
Peace be with you people's. I'm off to do battle in London Town.

Enjoy the day, keep the border secure and eat cake. :biggrin:
Sorry, I've got to go and get my prescription, take dog for a walk, go to Go Outdoors and take folding bike for a service. We could be snided with C&D by the end of the day.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I might need to visit a&e some time this week, you lot are putting me right off :ohmy:
I hope you are ok, with whatever it is!

When I arrived at my local A&E in August 2012, I was so ill that I was wheeled in strapped to a trolley and instantly jumped the queue!

When I went to the A&E at Northampton General this June, the receptionist there saw that I had been able to walk in unaided, so I was put in the queue. Fair enough!

It took an hour or so to see the triage nurse who asked why I was there. It was obvious that I knew what I was talking about, so he took my request for a d-Dimer test seriously and booked one ASAP. I waited another hour or so for that, and another hour or so to see a doctor with the results confirming that I was very probably ill (the test is a good indicator, but not conclusive).

Things then started speeding up - I had more blood tests, a chest x-ray, and a Heparin injection in just over an hour, and was then allocated a bed so I could be kept in for observation, with scans and more drugs to follow the next day.

I had arrived at just after 9 pm, and finally ended up in my hospital bed about 5 hours later. I thought that was a reasonable level of service, and got the impression that I would have gone through quicker if my condition had been worse.

The thing was, it was a quiet Sunday evening. There were probably only another 10 or so people ahead of me in the queue. I think a late Friday or Saturday, when lots of battered drunks would probably have been there, would have been a much more stressful experience!

Sara_H

Guru
I hope you are ok, with whatever it is!

When I arrived at my local A&E in August 2012, I was so ill that I was wheeled in strapped to a trolley and instantly jumped the queue!

When I went to the A&E at Northampton General this June, the receptionist there saw that I had been able to walk in unaided, so I was put in the queue. Fair enough!

It took an hour or so to see the triage nurse who asked why I was there. It was obvious that I knew what I was talking about, so he took my request for a d-Dimer test seriously and booked one ASAP. I waited another hour or so for that, and another hour or so to see a doctor with the results confirming that I was very probably ill (the test is a good indicator, but not conclusive).

Things then started speeding up - I had more blood tests, a chest x-ray, and a Heparin injection in just over an hour, and was then allocated a bed so I could be kept in for observation, with scans and more drugs to follow the next day.

I had arrived at just after 9 pm, and finally ended up in my hospital bed about 5 hours later. I thought that was a reasonable level of service, and got the impression that I would have gone through quicker if my condition had been worse.

The thing was, it was a quiet Sunday evening. There were probably only another 10 or so people ahead of me in the queue. I think a late Friday or Saturday, when lots of battered drunks would probably have been there, would have been a much more stressful experience!
We're members of the elite "streight to the front of the A&E queue club"! A club that no one really wants to be in!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
We're members of the elite "streight to the front of the A&E queue club"! A club that no one really wants to be in!
While I was waiting at Northampton, I took the time to read a poster explaining how the queueing system worked, based on an initial assessment of the seriousness of the case. A few people who didn't understand this were muttering about 'queue-jumpers'! It seems a sensible system to me, to split cases into these categories:
  1. Immediate resuscitation: Patients in need of immediate treatment for preservation of life
  2. Very urgent: Seriously ill or injured patients whose lives are not in immediate danger
  3. Urgent: Patients with serious problems, but apparently stable condition
  4. Standard: Standard A&E cases without immediate danger or distress
  5. Non-urgent: Patients whose conditions are not true accidents or emergencies
So, I was a Cat 2 the first time, and a Cat 3 the second. When I was waiting at Northampton General, there were a couple of other Cat 3s, several Cat 4s and a few Cat 5s who really should have seen their GPs on Monday morning but probably realised that it would be quicker to spend 8 hours in A&E!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom