Tea?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Blue

Legendary Member
Good morning all :hello:
:cold: Today :laugh:
Stay warm:smile:
Time to stick a bunnet on my nut:okay:
I have all the windows and doors open and feel nice and warm, thank you very much!:evil:

classic33

Leg End Member
Good Morning :hello:
Good morning all :hello:
:cold: Today :laugh:
Stay warm:smile:
Time to stick a bunnet on my nut:okay:
T'ainttoobad
God morning everyone. A tad chilly here. :cold:. We had a smattering of snow overnight. Looks like there is more to come. :snowball: View attachment 386468
There's a bit more to fall yet.
Been promoted I see!!

Morning?

GMT.jpg

classic33

Leg End Member
Mrs B likes the pub frequented by the English ex-pats and I like the one frequented by the Greek Cypriots so we go 50:50 on Fri/Sat but I get the bigger 50% due to us going to the Greek pub second and them ignoring closing time!!

Yes, that is the correct English for Limassol. In Greek it's Λεμεσός (Lemesos), pronounced Lem es os.
He pronounced it in Greek, but I didn't get the spelling.

Blue

Legendary Member
They're telling porkies!

January 2008.
Here's a road outside Limassol on the 29th of that month.
View attachment 386479
That's in the Troodos Mountains. It may be in Limassol District but it's high ground and they get snow there most years - last week even! A few years ago we spent the month of October there when we were scouting for a winter residence. In October the weather is fab and the area is simply stunning but the electric blankets on the beds gave us the clue that we would have to look to the coastal area for a winter stay. They even have ski runs up there.
That's one of the reasons why a lot of ex-pats were miffed as soon as the UK started talking about taking away the winter fuel allowance for those living abroad. Many of the Brits live in the hills because the spring/summer/autumn are still hot, but bearable. However, the winters are often worse than the parts of the UK they left behind.

OP
OP
172traindriver

172traindriver

Legendary Member
I have all the windows and doors open and feel nice and warm, thank you very much!:evil:

Good idea, can try that over here if it gets too warm :laugh:

SteCenturion

I am your Father
We have had snow, it didn't stick because rain followed, then sleet, then rain, then hail.

I left at 07.20 for Preston where I was to collect my ebay bike, well the advert said Preston & the postcode was, turned out to be a farm barn conversion in the back of beyond, so instead of a quick scoot there & back it was a bit of a trek, sat nav stopped satting & naving about a 1m 1/2 away too !

Go Faster Red Sledge still not been christened @classic33

classic33

Leg End Member
We have had snow, it didn't stick because rain followed, then sleet, then rain, then hail.

I left at 07.20 for Preston where I was to collect my ebay bike, well the advert said Preston & the postcode was, turned out to be a farm barn conversion in the back of beyond, so instead of a quick scoot there & back it was a bit of a trek, sat nav stopped satting & naving about a 1m 1/2 away too !

Go Faster Red Sledge still not been christened @classic33
You don't rely on a SatNav, still.

You'll get the chance for the sledge yet.
Go faster stripes the right way round?

Top Bottom