Tea?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Good Night :hello:
Sithi

Sweet Dream!!

Blue

Legendary Member
And your audience, what do they say?
They seem to enjoy our singing and we get a lot of positive feedback. I'd agree with them in my wife's case as she's great.:okay: However, it's karaoke, not professional performing.:laugh: If I thought I was any good I'd be trying to earn from it! I'm happy if I don't murder a song.:biggrin::cheers:

We sing in different genres, she's sings Pop:girldance:, I sing ROCK.:becool:

classic33

Leg End Member
They seem to enjoy our singing and we get a lot of positive feedback. I'd agree with them in my wife's case as she's great.:okay: However, it's karaoke, not professional performing.:laugh: If I thought I was any good I'd be trying to earn from it! I'm happy if I don't murder a song.:biggrin::cheers:

We sing in different genres, she's sings Pop:girldance:, I sing ROCK.:becool:
It's just you don't get many Irish singing Greek songs in German.

Blue

Legendary Member
Sorry to hear that. Theraputic value can't be counted in cash though.
It was a day that was always going to arrive so I've been getting our apartment ready over the last couple of years.

New kitchen, bathroom, floors, doors and heating have been installed and only new windows, some new furniture, and a lot of painting left to go. It can be hard to get Mrs B out of the house(whether in Cyprus or in Ireland) these days so she is just as happy in the refurbed apartment as anywhere else. Her confused mind now needs home and I've cracked on with the renovations while she still has sufficient capacity to get used to things.

It's costing me a small fortune but I agree with what you say. It's all making Mrs B happy and that matters more to me than the cash.

classic33

Leg End Member
It was a day that was always going to arrive so I've been getting our apartment ready over the last couple of years.

New kitchen, bathroom, floors, doors and heating have been installed and only new windows, some new furniture, and a lot of painting left to go. It can be hard to get Mrs B out of the house(whether in Cyprus or in Ireland) these days so she is just as happy in the refurbed apartment as anywhere else. Her confused mind now needs home and I've cracked on with the renovations while she still has sufficient capacity to get used to things.

It's costing me a small fortune but I agree with what you say. It's all making Mrs B happy and that matters more to me than the cash.
All the while, very little help given to the carer. Don't forget to take care of yourself.

Blue

Legendary Member
Good luck with that Blue.
I hope Mrs B's health permits that for a while yet.
Thanks. I'm doing my best to keep her as well as possible.

The meds are great and seem to be doing a good job. Last summer she was taken off one of her meds because of a nasty physical symptom that was thought to be a side effect of one of the drugs. The floodgates opened on the dementia symptoms soon after and the supposed side effect didn't go away. She was put back on the meds and settled back to her slow deterioration again. I was relieved as it was even more of a physical and emotional roller coaster than normal for that while.

I live in hope of a few more reasonable years but it's 'how long is a piece of string' stuff!

classic33

Leg End Member
Thanks. I'm doing my best to keep her as well as possible.

The meds are great and seem to be doing a good job. Last summer she was taken off one of her meds because of a nasty physical symptom that was thought to be a side effect of one of the drugs. The floodgates opened on the dementia symptoms soon after and the supposed side effect didn't go away. She was put back on the meds and settled back to her slow deterioration again. I was relieved as it was even more of a physical and emotional roller coaster than normal for that while.

I live in hope of a few more reasonable years but it's 'how long is a piece of string' stuff!
Don't give up 'til it's over. Later rather than sooner hopefully.

The piece of string is easier answer though. Research came up with an answer some years ago.

Blue

Legendary Member
All the while, very little help given to the carer. Don't forget to take care of yourself.
You are so right there. Last summer I got a copy of her Consultants report wherein he had noted "significant carer stress was observed today" - he neither said anything to me nor offered any help. The report went to the GP who didn't even notice the comment until I pointed it out. Help, that would be a fine thing!

Top Bottom