Tea?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Blue

Legendary Member
You've applied?
No, as that's means tested I don't think I'd qualify.

I was told by the dementia nurse to apply for Attendance Allowance on behalf of Mrs B as that isn't means tested but we didn't get that either. I'll try again once the current list of new symptoms are lodged with the medics. Appointment with the GP arranged for late May and we should see the Consultant later in the summer. We can get by without the benefits but AA would be useful to save towards payment for day care or respite care in the future when I will need a break and family may not be able to assist. Respite care for a couple of weeks can cost a small fortune.

OP
OP
172traindriver

172traindriver

Legendary Member
You are so right there. Last summer I got a copy of her Consultants report wherein he had noted "significant carer stress was observed today" - he neither said anything to me nor offered any help. The report went to the GP who didn't even notice the comment until I pointed it out. Help, that would be a fine thing!

Sorry to hear that @Blue.
I remember the lack of help I was given, no one tells you what is available. It was places like age concern that offered little bits of advice or friends.
My memories of social services were trying to get money off me for her care. I still remember the social worker and what a fat b###h she was.

It'll be today though.
Bet you anything.

Woah, you were right: It is today...

classic33

Leg End Member
Good Morning :hello:
You sure?
Woah, you were right: It is today...
You still gonna be doing pay out on that bet?
Nah......it's the day after yesterday.....just ask Classic. He always keeps us right with what day it is! :laugh:
Daffy Yellow Card.jpg

Happy Sunday, folks:hello:
This weeks one day short, you put it in the bank remember? Which means it's Wednesday.

Morning??
Level Of Insanity.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom