Tea?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Game over back of nine last night,
Having a look for some DX but quiet..
Atmospherics?

classic33

Leg End Member
SLIGHT CHANCE OF STORMS:
A stream of solar wind is expected to reach Earth on July 9th, bringing with it a slight chance of G1-class geomagnetic storms. High-latitude sky watchers should be alert for auroras, especially in the southern hemisphere where winter darkness favors visibility.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
SLIGHT CHANCE OF STORMS:
A stream of solar wind is expected to reach Earth on July 9th, bringing with it a slight chance of G1-class geomagnetic storms. High-latitude sky watchers should be alert for auroras, especially in the southern hemisphere where winter darkness favors visibility.
That disrupts the HF bands more, can enhance VHF with the effect of making voice transmissions sould a bit Donald Ducky.

Tamitha Skov is your go to Space Weather lady, just google her

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
If you are happy and you know it, clap your hands
If you are happy and you know it, clap your hands
If you are happy and you know it and would really to show it,
You can send some money or chocolate to me:ohmy:

Good morning all :hello:
Your side won then?
Good Morning :hello:
Slightly overcast with a chance of clearing. Wind very light, temperature 17°C at present, may rise by a further 4° by 16:00.

Morning??
Waking Up.jpg

classic33

Leg End Member
That disrupts the HF bands more, can enhance VHF with the effect of making voice transmissions sould a bit Donald Ducky.

Tamitha Skov is your go to Space Weather lady, just google her
Knew there was a solar storm this week, just not what day. Later this year, there's a big one due. The 11 year cycle involved.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Knew there was a solar storm this week, just not what day. Later this year, there's a big one due. The 11 year cycle involved.
Firstly, they got beat...

the cycle this time around is forecasted to be one of the lowest, last 'high' wasn't that good either not like the ones in the later part of the 20th Century, I could most afternoons in the summer come in from work, head to one of the bands (24mhz) and work into the US for just over an hour, I made contacts worldwide on some bands whereas now it's mostly Europeans with the occasional one outside Europe.
Winter is the best for the lower bands (1.8 to 14) and summer for 18-28 which are in the HF band, occasional sporadic E (mostly 28 and sometimes depending on the ions going nuts will be as high as 144 but I've rarely seen that, aurora I've heard and as I've said any voice sounds like D.Duck.
Right place right time and knowing when to be there is the key.

anyhow,
I've been up a lava lump, Dumyat near Stirling today, I avoided the tourist route and headed straight up from Blairlogie on a steep, unrelenting path before joining the tourists at 950 ft ASL, almost 900 ft rise in a mile through all sorts of overgrown ferns, brambles not the path I intended..
Enjoyed the day and played some radio
river forth.jpg

Top Bottom