Tea?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
They carefully design supermarket loaves so that they never fit any known make of toaster. You always have to trim bits off to make them fit.

Blue

Legendary Member
Not if the local, to missen, is anything to go by. They were turning folk away earlier, with queues on two roads.
Well, I got there. Total time to load the car then get there and back was just over 1hr. About 40mins in the queue - just about acceptable to get rid of a carload. People were in the queue for 3-4 hours last week!

classic33

Leg End Member
Just in case you are unaware of the history

View: https://youtu.be/ELNb7OGvRF8

Know about the tune, the words were written by someone who attended one of four local churches nearby.* Two of which Wesley is recorded as visiting. The song writer sang in three of these churches, in the choirs. At the furthest, 1/2 mile from where I'm sat now.

Arnold Kellett, President of the Yorkshire Dialect Society for the last ten years of his life.

Also in the choir at the Parish Church, and owner of a nearby pub, 27 steps down from one of the Churches.

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
Guten morgen, mein Herrs et Frauleins:hello:

(okay, it may be well wrong but hey, I'm trying, VERY)
We'll let the German correspdent say how close you got.

At least you tried!
You don't try, you'll never know.

Morning??

You'll have already been though.

The weather here seems to be still in the morning and then a Northerly wind in the afternoons. I have no idea how all that air gets back to where it started so it can do the same again the next day.

Anyway, this has given rise to plans involving riding north in the morning for the next bike ride and getting a tailwind on the way back.

Last edited:
Top Bottom