Tea?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Maybe I’ll win the amount of the mortgage!

Both properties are in the same end of town and both are good areas. The new area is a bit better though and will be quieter as we are currently on a through road and the new property is in a cul de sac. When you add that to the nature of the new property it’s a move upwards but not one that others might think necessary in their own circumstances.

Having said all that, had our circumstances not changed we would have happily stayed where we are. Both properties suit their purpose and there is little enough to divide the locations.
Less passing traffic is a big plus

Blue

Legendary Member
Less passing traffic is a big plus
Especially for the cats we hope to adopt from the animal shelter.:okay:

Blue

Legendary Member
Late Friday afternoon call from our Estate Agent. Our sale may be falling through because the residents in our apartments just have an informal arrangement for communal maintenance costs and the purchasers BS may not extend a loan on that basis. Had trouble getting my solicitor so late in the day but he will now try to sort things out. Great!

Mrs B in tears and I almost feel like joining her.

Blue

Legendary Member
Busy trying to revise my dated knowledge, from some 30-40 years ago, of 'Unincorporated Associations' to see if setting one up will solve our problem.

Unfortunately I junked all my old law notes so I'm going to have to trawl the internet to see if I can find some specimen wordings for a constitution with management provisions, membership rules and a process for any change to the rules. Wish me luck.

Maybe my solicitor can come up with something on Monday if I can't find anything on-line over the week-end.

Just when I thought everything was going smoothly - what's that old saying about not counting chickens!!!!!!!!

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Late Friday afternoon call from our Estate Agent. Our sale may be falling through because the residents in our apartments just have an informal arrangement for communal maintenance costs and the purchasers BS may not extend a loan on that basis. Had trouble getting my solicitor so late in the day but he will now try to sort things out. Great!

Hopeful it will work out in the end,
one thing we came across was these letters of comfort, how many folk do work in their house and don't know you have to apply for permission, one in every two we looked at had this..

Had a grounddog day, same route as other day..
think the flat canal will be the next run but someone says the WX isn't looking too grand..
that'll mean housework then:laugh:

classic33

Leg End Member

Hopefully you'll get things sorted, sooner rather than later.

If you do join her, where's the shame in that.

classic33

Leg End Member
Busy trying to revise my dated knowledge, from some 30-40 years ago, of 'Unincorporated Associations' to see if setting one up will solve our problem.

Unfortunately I junked all my old law notes so I'm going to have to trawl the internet to see if I can find some specimen wordings for a constitution with management provisions, membership rules and a process for any change to the rules. Wish me luck.

Maybe my solicitor can come up with something on Monday if I can't find anything on-line over the week-end.

Just when I thought everything was going smoothly - what's that old saying about not counting chickens!!!!!!!!
Of any use
https://www.netlawman.co.uk/ia/unincorporated-associations

https://www.resourcecentre.org.uk/information/legal-structures-for-community-and-voluntary-groups/

https://www.google.com/search?q=Uni...X&ved=0ahUKEwjt2-S-4pbsAhUS8xQKHSsxDbMQ_AUIBg

classic33

Leg End Member
Hopeful it will work out in the end,
one thing we came across was these letters of comfort, how many folk do work in their house and don't know you have to apply for permission, one in every two we looked at had this..

Had a grounddog day, same route as other day..
think the flat canal will be the next run but someone says the WX isn't looking too grand..
that'll mean housework then:laugh:
You'll be making work to do at this rate.

Course canals are flat, when was the last time you saw one going downhill!

Blue

Legendary Member
I printed out the pages from that first link as soon as I started my research before tea. I found a draft constitution for a sports club on line and have spent the evening typing a constitution for a residents association using that draft as a reference. The end product looks good to me so I'll run it past my solicitor to see what he says and then collect signatures of all the apartment owners if it's a goer.

Having said that, I'll take a look at your other links in case they provide me with something better. Thanks so much for taking the trouble - I do appreciate that.

classic33

Leg End Member
I printed out the pages from that first link as soon as I started my research before tea. I found a draft constitution for a sports club on line and have spent the evening typing a constitution for a residents association using that draft as a reference. The end product looks good to me so I'll run it past my solicitor to see what he says and then collect signatures of all the apartment owners if it's a goer.

Having said that, I'll take a look at your other links in case they provide me with something better. Thanks so much for taking the trouble - I do appreciate that.
Not a problem.

That last one was a search result, nearly all downloads.

Blue

Legendary Member
Not a problem.

That last one was a search result, nearly all downloads.
Yes, those other links are useful and tell me I was on the right track earlier. I'll use some of those templates if my first effort fails.

It's an understatement to say that I'm bricking it. I would like to think that I can get something set up next week(it had to happen late on a Friday!).

If we lose this purchaser then we should, at least, be on a better footing for anyone in the future. We may lose the bungalow and that would be a shame, as well as the loss of a few hundred of a survey fee. The bungalow did seem like a dream home for us so I would be hard pressed not to :cry: if we lose it.

When I spoke to my solicitor he said not to worry but I feel sick and probably won't sleep all weekend. I can see zombification setting in by Monday so I hope I can still function when I need to. I know I shouldn't worry but that's easier said than done. These apartments have existed for nearly 30 years and most have changed hands 2-4 times with never an issue. It's hard to believe what's happened.

classic33

Leg End Member
Yes, those other links are useful and tell me I was on the right track earlier. I'll use some of those templates if my first effort fails.

It's an understatement to say that I'm bricking it. I would like to think that I can get something set up next week(it had to happen late on a Friday!).

If we lose this purchaser then we should, at least, be on a better footing for anyone in the future. We may lose the bungalow and that would be a shame, as well as the loss of a few hundred of a survey fee. The bungalow did seem like a dream home for us so I would be hard pressed not to :cry: if we lose it.

When I spoke to my solicitor he said not to worry but I feel sick and probably won't sleep all weekend. I can see zombification setting in by Monday so I hope I can still function when I need to. I know I shouldn't worry but that's easier said than done. These apartments have existed for nearly 30 years and most have changed hands 2-4 times with never an issue. It's hard to believe what's happened.
House next door is listed, land registry, as being one one associated with the house on the other side. It was sold in the 80's to relatives of the current owner.

On a positive note, you may have a solicitor who's done a bit more looking in to things than others. Possibly saving you problems before it got too far.

Top Bottom