Tea?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Blue

Legendary Member
In the hope that things will look better after a cuppa I've just started a brew of Earl Grey:cuppa: and if that doesn't work I'll have another:cuppa:.

Probably won't do any good but I like a cuppa so it won't be wasted on me.

classic33

Leg End Member
In the hope that things will look better after a cuppa I've just started a brew of Earl Grey:cuppa: and if that doesn't work I'll have another:cuppa:.

Probably won't do any good but I like a cuppa so it won't be wasted on me.
Don't touch the coffee, you'll be making "quick trips" all night long.

Blue

Legendary Member
Don't touch the coffee, you'll be making "quick trips" all night long.
Almost never drink coffee after noon. Thereafter any brew has to be tea and I don't often have too much of that for a similar reason.

On a more positive note - that brew helped so I'm about to get another going.

For my sins, I happen to be the 'treasurer' for the apartment block so I keep the block insurance details and the communal funds. The BS where we kept our funds closed their Treasurers Trust accounts last month but I've discovered that a bank with a local branch seem to do them so I'll try to set that up next week. The block insurance for the property owners has an available extension for Directors and Officers liability cover for a Residents' Association and it's free upon acceptance of a very simple proposal form so I'll action that on Monday. As I said, I typed a constitution for a residents association earlier and I've read and amended that for my solicitor to check.

So, while enjoying that cuppa I've maybe come up with a plan of action that will set us up with a constitution, insurance and bank account next week. If all goes well we may keep things rolling for us. I won't give up without a struggle. I'll keep in mind how I learned to dig deep during my marathon running days.

Blue

Legendary Member

Nearly bought a Citroen 2CV back in the day but changed my mind and instead ended up with a right pile of junk that had no right to be classed as a car.

I have two fond memories of 2CV's - one was seeing one where the owner had pulled the 'no hot ashes' sticker off his plastic wheelie bin and stuck it on his 2CV - it made me laugh then and still does when I recall it.

The other was during a tour of Ireland at age 18 when myself and a mate were driving my car between overnight stops at youth hostels. We had stayed at a YH in a forest around Co Tipperary and met a group of Germans doing a similar tour in a 2CV. After saying our goodbyes we spent the day heading towards the Ring of Kerry, knowing that the YH was likely to be small. A few miles from destination we were at a crossroads indicating to turn left when we saw the Germans opposite with their RH indicator on. We all stared at each other and obviously had the same thought - we won't all get beds! A terrific race ensued - we got to the YH first but the beds had all been taken, although we were allowed to kip on the floor. Happy days.

Blue

Legendary Member
Well, managed a couple of hours kip but still stressed and now a little sleep deprived as well. The estate agents are open this morning so I’ll get it touch later to advise them of my plan and see if my purchaser can be kept on board. This is going to be one horrible weekend.:wacko:

Enough of my woes. Good morning to you all :hello: and I hope you all have a good weekend:okay:

Well, managed a couple of hours kip but still stressed and now a little sleep deprived as well. The estate agents are open this morning so I’ll get it touch later to advise them of my plan and see if my purchaser can be kept on board. This is going to be one horrible weekend.:wacko:

Enough of my woes. Good morning to you all :hello: and I hope you all have a good weekend:okay:

I'd send a "Hug" emoji but it seems a bit inadequate given the circumstances. Maybe renting isn't such a bad idea after all.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Morning fine people:hello:

Dreich, dreary (and that's just me:laugh:) outside..

get ready, it's the Maglia Rosa time^_^
with a sprinkling of Spring Classics flung in..

Bob's going to have square or bloodshot eyes after this:ohmy:

You'll be making work to do at this rate.

Course canals are flat, when was the last time you saw one going downhill!
I thought I'd a pic on my blog but Neptune's Staircase at Fort Bill?
goes up hill and downhill (once you get to the top)

classic33

Leg End Member

Said you'd be making "quick trips".

If you're open with the buyer's, they may be more inclined to wait the extra day.

And it's not over until the fat lady sings

classic33

Leg End Member
Morning fine people :hello:

Dreich, dreary (and that's just me:laugh:) outside..

get ready, it's the Maglia Rosa time^_^
with a sprinkling of Spring Classics flung in..

Bob's going to have square or bloodshot eyes after this:ohmy:

I thought I'd a pic on my blog but Neptune's Staircase at Fort Bill?
goes up hill and downhill (once you get to the top)
Does that include me!!

Why you outside, if it is wet, though.
Be different, have bloodshot square eyes.

Which side of "Old Bill" is the staircase on, and isn't it a bit far from the sea.

Morning ??
Ran Screaming.jpg

Blue

Legendary Member
Said you'd be making "quick trips".

If you're open with the buyer's, they may be more inclined to wait the extra day.

And it's not over until the fat lady sings
It was worry that kept me awake so I'm expecting the same tonight.

I spoke to my solicitor this morning and he signed the constitution I've drawn up and will take things up with the purchasers solicitor on Monday to see what can be done.

The Estate Agent has advised that my purchaser has withdrawn the offer so it looks like we are back to square one for now. My solicitor said not to worry as he will try to get things back on track for me though I can't help but worry.

Mrs B was in tears again today so it's hard to keep the spirits up. I have to try to sort things out and although she doesn't understand what I'm doing she can tell that something's wrong. That's a well documented thing in people with dementia in that they don't understand things but get a heightened ability to read body language and emotions so can get upset to the point of aggressive agitation as they are unable to understand and otherwise express themselves. I could have done without this.

I suppose there is a glimmer of hope but it's a very distant glimmer.

If nothing else I may get our Residents Association up and running on a proper, and insured, footing for the future so my efforts may not be wasted. I can just hope that the property we want doesn't go to someone else while we are delayed so that the survey report isn't wasted and we realize our dream.

Top Bottom