Tea?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
It was worry that kept me awake so I'm expecting the same tonight.

I spoke to my solicitor this morning and he signed the constitution I've drawn up and will take things up with the purchasers solicitor on Monday to see what can be done.

The Estate Agent has advised that my purchaser has withdrawn the offer so it looks like we are back to square one for now. My solicitor said not to worry as he will try to get things back on track for me though I can't help but worry.

Mrs B was in tears again today so it's hard to keep the spirits up. I have to try to sort things out and although she doesn't understand what I'm doing she can tell that something's wrong. That's a well documented thing in people with dementia in that they don't understand things but get a heightened ability to read body language and emotions so can get upset to the point of aggressive agitation as they are unable to understand and otherwise express themselves. I could have done without this.

I suppose there is a glimmer of hope but it's a very distant glimmer.

If nothing else I may get our Residents Association up and running on a proper, and insured, footing for the future so my efforts may not be wasted. I can just hope that the property we want doesn't go to someone else while we are delayed so that the survey report isn't wasted and we realize our dream.
From the sounds of things they might have pulled their offer later. So may turn out to be a good thing.

Solicitor happy with your work, hope you charged him for it.

Don't give up yet, you've the house warming party we'll be at, to look forward to!!

Blue

Legendary Member
From the sounds of things they might have pulled their offer later. So may turn out to be a good thing.

Solicitor happy with your work, hope you charged him for it.

Don't give up yet, you've the house warming party we'll be at, to look forward to!!
:laugh:

I was too sleep deprived to think of it as I was focused on getting the other owners to sign our new constitution. Maybe I'll ask for a discount on the final bill when we do get moved - can't see it happening but it will be worth asking if only for the craic and the look on his face!

classic33

Leg End Member
:laugh:

I was too sleep deprived to think of it as I was focused on getting the other owners to sign our new constitution. Maybe I'll ask for a discount on the final bill when we do get moved - can't see it happening but it will be worth asking if only for the craic and the look on his face!
You drew up the paperwork. That doesn't come cheap these days.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

It's Sundae:hello:

Blue

Legendary Member
G'day all :hello:

Oh boy, we sure had some rain & wind overnight. At one stage the wind was howling so loudly I checked the windows to see if I had left some open and was surprised when I found them all to be shut. It doesn't bode well for the winter ahead when the weather is so bad already.

classic33

Leg End Member
G'day all :hello:

Oh boy, we sure had some rain & wind overnight. At one stage the wind was howling so loudly I checked the windows to see if I had left some open and was surprised when I found them all to be shut. It doesn't bode well for the winter ahead when the weather is so bad already.
T'was only a passing storm, nowt much.

You get some sleep.

Blue

Legendary Member
T'was only a passing storm, nowt much.

You get some sleep.
Yes, didn't see any damage when we went for our walk - forgot to check our roof though. The first wooden telegraph pole up the road had most of its' ivy ripped away and that phenomenon is in keeping with the way the wind was whipping around our building - it just didn't seem to be the norm.

Yes, got some kip thanks. I'm still on a real downer about the whole thing but I think an element of resignation is setting in. I suppose we are just in the same position that we were in a couple of weeks ago when we were highly anxious to get a buyer because time is so valuable to us but becoming resigned to things taking time. It's just how it is but it's an emotional roller coaster non the less.

classic33

Leg End Member
Yes, didn't see any damage when we went for our walk - forgot to check our roof though. The first wooden telegraph pole up the road had most of its' ivy ripped away and that phenomenon is in keeping with the way the wind was whipping around our building - it just didn't seem to be the norm.

Yes, got some kip thanks. I'm still on a real downer about the whole thing but I think an element of resignation is setting in. I suppose we are just in the same position that we were in a couple of weeks ago when we were highly anxious to get a buyer because time is so valuable to us but becoming resigned to things taking time. It's just how it is but it's an emotional roller coaster non the less.
We got some rain, but the wind never reached these parts.

Just don't give up, as per the 2020 anthem.

Top Bottom