Tea?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Blue

Legendary Member
Wasn't it a lovely day for a walk in the rain?
It's hard enough to get her out on a sunny day - no chance in the rain.

Indeed, when the weather's fine I often encourage her by saying that we have to take advantage of the dry days as there will be days when the walks get rained off - this was one of those days. Tomorrow isn't due to be much better than today so we'll have to see how we get on. This may be a long winter as Mrs B takes a lot of convincing in relation to the walks being for her own good -she thinks that because she can walk now she will always be able to walk.

classic33

Leg End Member
It's hard enough to get her out on a sunny day - no chance in the rain.

Indeed, when the weather's fine I often encourage her by saying that we have to take advantage of the dry days as there will be days when the walks get rained off - this was one of those days. Tomorrow isn't due to be much better than today so we'll have to see how we get on. This may be a long winter as Mrs B takes a lot of convincing in relation to the walks being for her own good -she thinks that because she can walk now she will always be able to walk.
Would having a stop to aim for be any help.
Probably impossible, but a carry out tea/coffee.

classic33

Leg End Member
Morning folks:hello:
Another day, Toosday:laugh:
Owdo
It's Today, again.

Morning??
Nobody Move.jpg

Blue

Legendary Member
Would having a stop to aim for be any help.
Probably impossible, but a carry out tea/coffee.
We often have a stop to chat to one of our feline friends. We know some of the cats well and they call to us if they're there but we haven't seen them. "I wonder if we'll see any of our feline friends" is one of my encouragements - but we see more of the rain and less of the cats during the winter:sad:.

Off to the Day Centre in a few minutes. We had a bit of sunshine earlier but the rain is moving in again:sad:

classic33

Leg End Member
'Morning all :hello:
Owdo

We got your rain.

Blue

Legendary Member
Owdo

We got your rain.
There's more on the west - it's turned quite nasty here! I'd post this :rain: but I think a brolly would be a bit of a struggle today.

Our bathroom window, which opens onto a sheltered corner and is quite stiff has just closed itself - although that may be my powers of telekinesis as I was just thinking that it was so windy that I should shut it when it closed by itself!👻😱:laugh:

classic33

Leg End Member
There's more on the west - it's turned quite nasty here! I'd post this :rain: but I think a brolly would be a bit of a struggle today.

Our bathroom window, which opens onto a sheltered corner and is quite stiff has just closed itself - although that may be my powers of telekinesis as I was just thinking that it was so windy that I should shut it when it closed by itself!👻😱:laugh:
No wind here. Yet!

Can you reopen the window by thinking about reopening it?

Blue

Legendary Member
Despite the rain, we actually managed to get a couple of walks in today = result🚶‍♀️🚶‍♂️

Had a laugh provided by the garden wildlife earlier. we don't get many squirrels around these parts so when I spotted one while checking for rain I called Mrs B to take a look and kept my eye on it as it slowly passed along the bottom of a hedge. At that moment a cat strolled round the wall beside the hedge and the squirrel took off at full pelt across the carpark to hide behind the bins. The cat stopped and looked bemused as if to say to itself "I'm sure I saw something just then". After a few few seconds the cat must have caught the scent and moved quickly towards the bins, only to go into the fastest reverse gear ever after, I presume, the squirrel put up a fight. The antics amused us greatly - easy to see we lead a quiet life these days!:laugh:

classic33

Leg End Member
Despite the rain, we actually managed to get a couple of walks in today = result🚶‍♀️🚶‍♂️

Had a laugh provided by the garden wildlife earlier. we don't get many squirrels around these parts so when I spotted one while checking for rain I called Mrs B to take a look and kept my eye on it as it slowly passed along the bottom of a hedge. At that moment a cat strolled round the wall beside the hedge and the squirrel took off at full pelt across the carpark to hide behind the bins. The cat stopped and looked bemused as if to say to itself "I'm sure I saw something just then". After a few few seconds the cat must have caught the scent and moved quickly towards the bins, only to go into the fastest reverse gear ever after, I presume, the squirrel put up a fight. The antics amused us greatly - easy to see we lead a quiet life these days!:laugh:
Good to hear you got out, despite the rain.

We never got the wind here, it even cleared up mid afternoon, with sunshine and patchy blue skies thrown in.

Pity you never witnessed the altercation behind the bin.

Top Bottom