Tea?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
I have the same issues with NSAID's but I take the occasional one when in too much discomfort and I take an extra Lansoprazole along with it.
The gels including yon widely advertised one don't work with me..
You'll be back on the bike before you know it.
Not tomorrow as it's planned for tooth doctor^_^
Maybe a short cycle on Sat..

classic33

Leg End Member

You've a sore leg, so you're taking it to the tooth doctor.

Be a bit hard getting to sleep with a leg under your pillow, awaiting the tooth fairy. On the plus side you may get a bit more for it.

Blue

Legendary Member

I recall a few years ago when one pill after another stopped working for me and I was back at the GP yet again. The Doc prescribed the Lansoprazole and I asked him how many types of med were left if that didn't work. This is the last one said he - luckily it worked, although I sometimes have to double dose for a few weeks if I get a flare up.

The last time I had the camera down the throat etc they found oesophagitis, gastritis and duodenitis as well as some healed scarring. That was an interesting procedure as I didn't take the sedative and they went in so deep having a good hoke around and taking biopsies as they went - it felt like someone sticking their hand down my throat and having a good rummage around!!!:eek:

classic33

Leg End Member
I recall a few years ago when one pill after another stopped working for me and I was back at the GP yet again. The Doc prescribed the Lansoprazole and I asked him how many types of med were left if that didn't work. This is the last one said he - luckily it worked, although I sometimes have to double dose for a few weeks if I get a flare up.

The last time I had the camera down the throat etc they found oesophagitis, gastritis and duodenitis as well as some healed scarring. That was an interesting procedure as I didn't take the sedative and they went in so deep having a good hoke around and taking biopsies as they went - it felt like someone sticking their hand down my throat and having a good rummage around!!!:eek:
Did they give you the chance to see what they were looking at?

Blue

Legendary Member
Did they give you the chance to see what they were looking at?
I could see a little as the monitor was visible but it was hard to see much with a couple of hands and equipment right in front of my face. On top of that it's hard for a layperson to make much out as the camera and blades were being moved around in tight areas.

There were a couple of interesting points, the first being my blood pressure. BP is checked before and after the procedure and , of course, I asked for the readings. When I asked for the 2nd reading the nurse said I was an oddity as they keep an eye on BP during the procedure as well and that peoples BP usually goes up at that time, whereas, mine went down while they were rummaging around in my guts. I suppose that was because at the time I was lying there thinking the sensations were odd but I was quite calm about it - that's why I hadn't bothered with a sedative as I wanted to drive home immediately afterwards.

The 2nd interesting/funny point was related to the fact that they keep pumping air into the guts to open them up when the equipment has to be moved around. I was glad that I made it to the hospital carpark before the air decided to come out as that must have been a world record fart because it seemed to go on foreverxx( :laugh:

classic33

Leg End Member
I could see a little as the monitor was visible but it was hard to see much with a couple of hands and equipment right in front of my face. On top of that it's hard for a layperson to make much out as the camera and blades were being moved around in tight areas.

There were a couple of interesting points, the first being my blood pressure. BP is checked before and after the procedure and , of course, I asked for the readings. When I asked for the 2nd reading the nurse said I was an oddity as they keep an eye on BP during the procedure as well and that peoples BP usually goes up at that time, whereas, mine went down while they were rummaging around in my guts. I suppose that was because at the time I was lying there thinking the sensations were odd but I was quite calm about it - that's why I hadn't bothered with a sedative as I wanted to drive home immediately afterwards.

The 2nd interesting/funny point was related to the fact that they keep pumping air into the guts to open them up when the equipment has to be moved around. I was glad that I made it to the hospital carpark before the air decided to come out as that must have been a world record fart because it seemed to go on foreverxx( :laugh:
And if you'd been in the car, with the windows wound up!

Or the slow moving lift.

Blue

Legendary Member
Thinking back, I wonder if I'd have been able to keep a straight face and a modicum of decorum if it had happened in the lift!

classic33

Leg End Member
'Morning all :hello:

Nice and :sun: here. Off to deliver Mrs B to the Day Centre.
Owdo

Your wind arrived early this morning, with your rain following at 5:30.
Make the most of "your" sun, we'll be having some of it later.

Morning??
GMT.jpg

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Allo everybodeee:hello:
Late, I know..
Afternoon

I'm not got any problems, it's the warning to not take ibuprofen.
I can't even eat grapefruit which I always had..

It'll be the apple juice and rin tin tin soon, aaaaaaaagh:laugh:

Top Bottom