Tea?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
It hasn't got a concrete ring road around it's town centre!
Isn't it home to it's own "magic roundabout" though!

Blue

Legendary Member
Spent the evening revisiting the new interest property to check the area again and then reading up about the stamp duty on a 2nd home. It seems that as long as we sell our apartment within 3 years of a 2nd home purchase we'll get our cash back so that wouldn't be too bad after all.

The weather has turned nasty again and it's looking like another wet and windy night ahead. Should be dry again by the time I'm getting up in the morning though.

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
Spent the evening revisiting the new interest property to check the area again and then reading up about the stamp duty on a 2nd home. It seems that as long as we sell our apartment within 3 years of a 2nd home purchase we'll get our cash back so that's wouldn't be too bad after all.

The weather has turned nasty again and it's looking like another wet and windy night ahead. Should be dry again by the time I'm getting up in the morning though.
You often visit other houses at night?

You'll be handling the stamp duty paperwork, now you've finished reading up on it.

Blue

Legendary Member
You often visit other houses at night?

You'll be handling the stamp duty paperwork, now you've finished reading up on it.
Wanted to see how quiet the area was on a Friday night. I'll be going back tomorrow afternoon and night for the same reason - I like my peace and quiet, always have done. I recall that when I first met Mrs B she was a real chatterbox and something I used to say to her on a daily basis was "learn to enjoy silence":laugh:. It didn't work:sad:

Yes, you can do your own paperwork for the tax refund as long as you have a Gateway account with HMRC, and I've had one of those since my days of part time consultancy work when I retired, so I'll do the work myself.

classic33

Leg End Member
Wanted to see how quiet the area was on a Friday night. I'll be going back tomorrow afternoon and night for the same reason - I like my peace and quiet, always have done. I recall that when I first met Mrs B she was a real chatterbox and something I used to say to her on a daily basis was "learn to enjoy silence":laugh:. It didn't work:sad:

Yes, you can do your own paperwork for the tax refund as long as you have a Gateway account with HMRC, and I've had one of those since my days of part time consultancy work when I retired, so I'll do the work myself.
Won't it be quiet now anyway, at this time.

Daytime may be a different matter though.

Blue

Legendary Member
Won't it be quiet now anyway, at this time.

Daytime may be a different matter though.
:laugh:
We went between 8-9pm so was probably a good enough time - just a couple of dog walkers and a few teenagers in the general area and everyone was quiet. Outside the house itself was as silent as a graveyard at midnight. Augurs well.^_^

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
:laugh:
We went between 8-9pm so was probable a good enough time - just a couple of dog walkers and a few teenagers in the general area and everyone was quiet. Outside the house itself was as silent as a graveyard at midnight. Augurs well.^_^
Sounds like a nice area.

Just as well you went earlier on though.

Catch you later, site going off line in five minutes

classic33

Leg End Member
Nurse Ratched was efficient,
'That's you!'..wow, that was quick..
maybe my joke about I should have been wearing an off the shoulder number as I loosened my shirt kinda hurried up proceedings:laugh:

oh, and Good Morning:hello:
Never a good idea to make suggestions like that, to someone who could inflict a bit of pain. You may give them ideas.

Piece Rate, or target(s) to meet?

Morning??

Top Bottom