Tea?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Sunny here. I've even got the patio door open.
That nice clean floor, that you swept yesterday. Muck blowing in on it.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Is that right?

Get out, the worst you can do is be blown along.
I got waylaid..
I'd got some stuff to do and thought I'd be fighting dusk coming in so
just got some other stuff done....

Wind wasn't that bad..
might get our front door bed planted out this week plus youngest flower tubs done...
one or two wee bits outside to catch but forecast ain't great..
oh well....
NFL redzone I think...

don't enjoy yourselves too much:whistle:

classic33

Leg End Member
I got waylaid..
I'd got some stuff to do and thought I'd be fighting dusk coming in so
just got some other stuff done....

Wind wasn't that bad..
might get our front door bed planted out this week plus youngest flower tubs done...
one or two wee bits outside to catch but forecast ain't great..
oh well....
NFL redzone I think...

don't enjoy yourselves too much:whistle:
Waylaid, what were you watching?

You let dusk beat you! In the middle of the afternoon!!

You been listening to them there weather forecasters again. You'll get nowt done doing that.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Morning all:hello:
International Day of Tolerance apparently:ohmy:

Waylaid, what were you watching?

You let dusk beat you! In the middle of the afternoon!!

You been listening to them there weather forecasters again. You'll get nowt done doing that.
I got lost (don't ask)
No batteries on charge so not bothering heading mid afternoon..
Jeez, calm down..
Be TOLERANT (see second line:laugh:)

classic33

Leg End Member
Morning all:hello:
International Day of Tolerance apparently:ohmy:

I got lost (don't ask)
No batteries on charge so not bothering heading mid afternoon..
Jeez, calm down..
Be TOLERANT (see second line:laugh:)
Owdo

Why'd you need to charge your batteries before going out? Would a "quick start" be sufficient to get you going

What's tha mean be tolerant, what's tha expecting, what's tha done?

Morning??
If At First.jpg

Blue

Legendary Member
G'day all :hello:

A calm, dry, but cold and grey day here.

I've had a morning that's been productive and a bit surreal.

The productive bit was getting a mortgage arranged for the new property. All fine, affordable and with a bit of cashback that will come in handy at the start of the move. Also arranged for a surveyor to contact me to get that out of the way asap so that I can move ahead.

The surreal bit was when I told Mrs B about all of that. Her answer was "So when do I sing?". That wasn't the comment I expected - dementia can be weird! I know where the reply came from but that doesn't remove the weirdness - the Day Centre have a karaoke machine and Mrs B has been talking all week-end about singing on Friday so her world seems to be revolving round that. Indeed, her only angst at the moment concerns the karaoke - someone asked her to sing a hymn and that seems to have caused some consternation as we aren't churchgoers and she can't figure out how to explain that she doesn't know any hymns! As I type that I had the thought that, given the time of year, a Christmas carol may be the answer as she will know some of them - I'll try her with that suggestion:smile:

classic33

Leg End Member
G'day all :hello:

A calm, dry, but cold and grey day here.

I've had a morning that's been productive and a bit surreal.

The productive bit was getting a mortgage arranged for the new property. All fine, affordable and with a bit of cashback that will come in handy at the start of the move. Also arranged for a surveyor to contact me to get that out of the way asap so that I can move ahead.

The surreal bit was when I told Mrs B about all of that. Her answer was "So when do I sing?". That wasn't the comment I expected - dementia can be weird! I know where the reply came from but that doesn't remove the weirdness - the Day Centre have a karaoke machine and Mrs B has been talking all week-end about singing on Friday so her world seems to be revolving round that. Indeed, her only angst at the moment concerns the karaoke - someone asked her to sing a hymn and that seems to have caused some consternation as we aren't churchgoers and she can't figure out how to explain that she doesn't know any hymns! As I type that I had the thought that, given the time of year, a Christmas carol may be the answer as she will know some of them - I'll try her with that suggestion:smile:
Owdo, this fine day!

What about Amazing Grace, if she's familiar with it.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SFlOJ2BvVcc

You've not completed already have you?

Blue

Legendary Member
If they have it in their machine that may be a possibility for the karaoke as she'll know the tune. I'll try her with it later.

No, I haven't completed yet as I'll want to see the survey report first. I'm just moving with everything else so that when the survey is in I may be in a position to complete quickly if all is well with the building.

We are very settled with the area as I take Mrs B over as much as I can and she even wants to go there to do our short walks. We've now met a couple of the neighbours and I think we will be happy there as the people are lovely and it's a well settled area - with most neighbours being there since the houses were built(a good sign, I think).

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Owdo

Why'd you need to charge your batteries before going out? Would a "quick start" be sufficient to get you going

What's tha mean be tolerant, what's tha expecting, what's tha done?

Morning??
I've been busy..
plants bought and planted, someone else grass cut and their tubs planted out..
tried to surprise them but their Ring doorbell caught us :laugh:
EE called...

Sitting with a cuppa........:okay:

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
I've been busy..
plants bought and planted, someone elseVE4VT grass cut and their tubs planted out..
tried to surprise them but their Ring doorbell caught us :laugh:
EE called...

Sitting with a cuppa........:okay:
Now you know it's there, walk backwards up the path, tape in hand, and block the camera*. Then they'll not see who did it.

You must have been bored though, to do someone else's gardening.

You can opt out of their(EE) marketing calls.

Top Bottom