Tea?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Extracts from an Irish Times article in Nov 2020:-

....The successful Democratic candidate can trace his Irish roots back to both the Blewitts from Co Mayo and the Finnegans from Co Louth. .......

.....Biden’s other great-great grandfather was Owen Finnegan, from the Cooley Peninsula, Co Louth. He married Jean Boyle in 1839. The first four children were born there, including James Finnegan in 1840, Biden’s great grandfather.

The family moved to America in the late 1840s and settled in Seneca, New York.....
Did Trump ever claim Irish ancestry?
Seems to be a familiar thing amongst US presidents.

From Blewit and Finnegan to Biden.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Did Trump ever claim Irish ancestry?
Seems to be a familiar thing amongst US presidents.

From Blewit and Finnegan to Biden.
Dutch (father) Scots (mother)

Boing!

classic33

Leg End Member
"Donald Trump's paternal ancestry is traceable to Bobenheim am Berg, a village in the Palatinate, Germany, in the 18th century. Johann Trump, born in Bobenheim in 1789, moved to the nearby village of Kallstadt where his grandson, Friedrich Trump, the grandfather of Donald Trump, was born in 1869."

classic33

Leg End Member
'Morning all :hello:

It seemed to rain all night but it's sunny and dry this morning.

I got the asbestos survey in and nothing found so we're good to go on the refurb ^_^
Waiting slowed you down.

Pace yerssen, you'll have nowt to do later. Or you'll get ahead of yerssen and be looking back at stuff you've yet to do.

Blue

Legendary Member
Owdo

Seems he wasn't lucky.
We all get our share of what seems like bad luck.

I remember sitting in the halls of the High Courts in Belfast many years ago and having a chat with a psychiatrist who was an expert witness in a case I was managing. We were discussing the concept of 'luck' and the learned gentleman's opinion was that there was no such thing as 'luck' in the accepted form of a thing of chance. He postulated that people 'make' their own luck. I suppose he was straying into the realms of the discussion of 'free will' but I always thought he had a point - it's what motivates me to take action.

classic33

Leg End Member
We all get our share of what seems like bad luck.

I remember sitting in the halls of the High Courts in Belfast many years ago and having a chat with a psychiatrist who was an expert witness in a case I was managing. We were discussing the concept of 'luck' and the learned gentleman's opinion was that there was no such thing as 'luck' in the accepted form of a thing of chance. He postulated that people 'make' their own luck. I suppose he was straying into the realms of the discussion of 'free will' but I always thought he had a point - it's what motivates me to take action.
You had me wondering what you'd been up to when I read the bit in bold.

Top Bottom