Tea?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Blue

Legendary Member
of course, every socket^_^
View attachment 577787

Getting there then:okay:
Yes sir.

Every week that goes by gets us closer to the bathroom and kitchen refurb too. When those rooms are done we'll really see progress.:okay:

Blue

Legendary Member
We got the wallpaper stripped from the entire hall today.

The lounge & diner are due for a paper strip tomorrow and then the plasterer is due on Thursday.

I intend to bring in a decorator as the penultimate step(new carpets are last on the 'to do' list) so we'll just have to live with the rough walls for a while.

Roll on the day when we can just sit and enjoy the place!

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Yes sir.

Every week that goes by gets us closer to the bathroom and kitchen refurb too. When those rooms are done we'll really see progress.:okay:
That's good..
having worked in that line many, many moons ago,
it is amazing what can be done, as can be seen in TV progs now.
I remember working late at nights, smashing plaster off lath letting the joiners get the acrow props up etc.
I got 50p off the Boss each night so I could get a couple of pints after such a manky, dusty job.
We still have snagging issues outstanding due to situation

We will both get there, eh?

I was talking to my Belfast pal the other night so a pint in the Crown, a game at Solitude and a Longs fish supper is on the cards at some point(and an Ulster fry of course^_^)

classic33

Leg End Member
We got the wallpaper stripped from the entire hall today.

The lounge & diner are due for a paper strip tomorrow and then the plasterer is due on Thursday.

I intend to bring in a decorator as the penultimate step(new carpets are last on the 'to do' list) so we'll just have to live with the rough walls for a while.

Roll on the day when we can just sit and enjoy the place!
You'll have to admit though, you really fell on your feet for this one. Less than 12 weeks since your nighttime visits ceased to where you are now.

Any interesting(As in "I never expected to see that there") finds so far. Old newspapers with stories, long since forgotten...

You intend to finish stripping tomorrow, and get plastered on Thursday.

What you need are a pair of sun loungers, so that when the final brush stroke is done, and the last nail driven home you can lay back on them and say "This is ours now!".
Which will be in about two weeks time, the way you're going.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Australia Night don't telly. Mad Max and Crocodile Dundee, with a bit of Home and Away/Neighbours thrown in? Enjoy!!!

Straight up?

Sithi
Funnily, just watching end of an Outback Truckers..
AU, silly you. GOLD (easy to discover(y)^_^

Blue

Legendary Member
That's good..
having worked in that line many, many moons ago,
it is amazing what can be done, as can be seen in TV progs now.
I remember working late at nights, smashing plaster off lath letting the joiners get the acrow props up etc.
I got 50p off the Boss each night so I could get a couple of pints after such a manky, dusty job.
We still have snagging issues outstanding due to situation

We will both get there, eh?

I was talking to my Belfast pal the other night so a pint in the Crown, a game at Solitude and a Longs fish supper is on the cards at some point(and an Ulster fry of course^_^)
That takes me back. It must be 40 years since I last had a Longs fish supper. A pint in the Crown and an Ulster fry are in my more recent past - only about 20 years ago:laugh:

Blue

Legendary Member
'Morning folks :hello:

After a wet and windy night we have a damp, but settled, morning.

Stripping the lounge looks like a big job today. I suppose the plan will have to be to start with the walls that need reinstatement after the tracking before moving on to the rest of the room, just in case we don't get finished. I'll be glad when the plastering is done and dried as the whole rewire job has been rough.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Good morning all:hello:
That takes me back. It must be 40 years since I last had a Longs fish supper. A pint in the Crown and an Ulster fry are in my more recent past - only about 20 years ago:laugh:
I asked for a couple of pickled onions.. the look, I still remember THAT look:laugh:
Ulster fry if I remember was Devines up the Antrim Rd....
I'll be back..

classic33

Leg End Member
'Morning folks :hello:

After a wet and windy night we have a damp, but settled, morning.

Stripping the lounge looks like a big job today. I suppose the plan will have to be to start with the walls that need reinstatement after the tracking before moving on to the rest of the room, just in case we don't get finished. I'll be glad when the plastering is done and dried as the whole rewire job has been rough.
Owdo

The worst is over for now. Just don't over do the beans.

Look at it as every room done is one room nearer calling it home. Then we'll all get on our bikes for the house warming party. Don't let this bit slow you down though!

Morning??

Top Bottom