Tea?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
The pair of you will have to meet up for both. Only you ask for the pickled onions this time.
It was a strong stare of rebuke^_^
Owdo

Were they out of pickled onions?

Don't forget yer fishing gear when you do go back.
Dessie had enough for the two of us...
Think I'll google maps the pubs I vaguely remember:laugh:
Reynolds at Roosky was a fave..
we'd travelled over for a week and they closed down all the fishing the day before we travelled over...

classic33

Leg End Member
It was a strong stare of rebuke^_^

Dessie had enough for the two of us...
Think I'll google maps the pubs I vaguely remember:laugh:
Reynolds at Roosky was a fave..
we'd travelled over for a week and they closed down all the fishing the day before we travelled over...
Sura t'is why I said blue can ask for them, they may remember you.

And if you take your fishing gear but can't go fishing, you'll have to find something to do. You managed before.

Blue

Legendary Member
Good morning all:hello:

I asked for a couple of pickled onions.. the look, I still remember THAT look:laugh:
Ulster fry if I remember was Devines up the Antrim Rd....
I'll be back..
Aye, never seen pickled onions or scotch eggs in a pub here - never understood the onions with beer in any case!

I hope it's not too long before you get to enjoy our hospitality again.

Blue

Legendary Member
Well, got the lounge/diner done - hard messy work. I'm knackered, and I was just the helper/clean-up man. The plasterer is due in the morning and then we can continue the clean-up.

We have a pause at the moment as a neighbourhood cat has come calling and I don't want to scare him. He arrived just after the mother of all downpours but, apart from is paws, he was dry so he must have just left home and come to ours - he lives at the bottom of the hill.

classic33

Leg End Member
Well, got the lounge/diner done - hard messy work. I'm knackered, and I was just the helper/clean-up man. The plasterer is due in the morning and then we can continue the clean-up.

We have a pause at the moment as a neighbourhood cat has come calling and I don't want to scare him. He arrived just after the mother of all downpours but, apart from is paws, he was dry so he must have just left home and come to ours - he lives at the bottom of the hill.
Chief cook and bottle washer.
Very important job that.

You're knackered and you've getting plastered tomorrow to look forward to.

The pickled egg I'm told is to kill the taste* initially, but you get used to asking for it over time.

*Must be some dodgy pints being drunk.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Sura t'is why I said blue can ask for them, they may remember you.

And if you take your fishing gear but can't go fishing, you'll have to find something to do. You managed before.
Might be a few graveyards I want to visit:ohmy:
Maybe a hill or two
Maybe a pint or who knows:laugh:

Aye, never seen pickled onions or scotch eggs in a pub here - never understood the onions with beer in any case!

I hope it's not too long before you get to enjoy our hospitality again.
I could never see the point of pickling eggs,
yeugh...

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Old friends?
The hill I can understand, and the pub visit either side.

The pickled onions on the other hand...
I want to find out before 1795...
Hill either side might be an idea..

only pickled in the Glasgow/Paisley style, raw and acidic...

classic33

Leg End Member
Good whateveritiswithyou :hello:

Yep..
and NO picked eggsxx(x infinity
Owdo
One of those is it.

You mean to say you may not be of Scottish birth line!!
You asked for pickled onions, they say the eggs are much the same.

Morning??

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Owdo
One of those is it.

Morning??
Great x? grandfather arrived in Jockland circa 1840, I have his Da at 1795 but nothing before, so if Ulster Scot or heaven forbid English:laugh: which I think, lines on my mum's side I have back to the 1600s (all info still packed away somewhere)..
As in any west of Scotland line, Ireland shows up at some point but only in my given family name....
all sort of choochters and characters..
I don't want to go that deep into it again but someone has been through graveyards and never really found much....if anything.
The fire in the Public Records office which destroyed most records didn't help, oh well.

classic33

Leg End Member
Great x? grandfather arrived in Jockland circa 1840, I have his Da at 1795 but nothing before, so if Ulster Scot or heaven forbid English:laugh: which I think, lines on my mum's side I have back to the 1600s (all info still packed away somewhere)..
As in any west of Scotland line, Ireland shows up at some point but only in my given family name....
all sort of choochters and characters..
I don't want to go that deep into it again but someone has been through graveyards and never really found much....if anything.
The fire in the Public Records office which destroyed most records didn't help, oh well.
You might even have Yorkshire blood in you!

If you've an idea of location(s), try at local(parish) level.

There's www.Findagrave.com, might be worth trying.

Blue

Legendary Member
Owdo
One of those is it.

Morning??

In ancient times what is now Scotland was associated with settlement by the Irish. If I remember correctly the Picts, long associated with Roman era Scots, were associated with Ireland, which was once referred to as Pictland.

Maybe Bob is Irish!:laugh:

Top Bottom