Tea?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Blue

Legendary Member
T'is the last day of another week.
Cloudy, with a chance of rain. What happened to the summer weather they were forecasting at the other end of this week.
We held on to it. It's blazing :sun: here. :becool:

G'day all. :hello:

The guys have made a fair bit of progress with the kitchen. I even got a temporary fix with the washing machine and a new slim line dishwasher(both Bosch, of course). Never thought I'd be excited just to get my old washing machine back Happy about the dishwasher too - that'll save me one little thing in the future.

We had a riot outside the house last night, according to Mrs B, when she woke me at 4am! (Yet another sleep deprived night for me). A dementia symptom know as 'confabulation' that probably came from the TV reports of riots a week or so back. It's amazing, and sad, to see how involved Mrs B was with her confabulation - she was in tears and anxious about the riot and woke me up to tell me not to go outside to sort it out, All this going on in her head when it was so quiet that someone dropping a pin on the grass in the garden would have broken the silence.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Owdo
Be careful with that hosepipe. Use it too much and there'll be a water shortage!

If I say I'll try, will that do?

Morning??
Fried soft egg on a burnt roll, that's living^_^
Another sunny trip out, the basic but a climby basic..
E wind carrying a bit of an edge, brr.
A rare event north of the border, the hosepipe ban..,
carry on:cuppa:

classic33

Leg End Member
We held on to it. It's blazing :sun: here. :becool:

G'day all. :hello:

The guys have made a fair bit of progress with the kitchen. I even got a temporary fix with the washing machine and a new slim line dishwasher(both Bosch, of course). Never thought I'd be excited just to get my old washing machine back Happy about the dishwasher too - that'll save me one little thing in the future.

We had a riot outside the house last night, according to Mrs B, when she woke me at 4am! (Yet another sleep deprived night for me). A dementia symptom know as 'confabulation' that probably came from the TV reports of riots a week or so back. It's amazing, and sad, to see how involved Mrs B was with her confabulation - she was in tears and anxious about the riot and woke me up to tell me not to go outside to sort it out, All this going on in her head when it was so quiet that someone dropping a pin on the grass in the garden would have broken the silence.
Owdo
It had cleared here by 12. Blue skies, the odd cloud...

Thought you were chief cook and dishwasher!
You'll think twice before you swear at that washer again, I presume, now it's working.

Sorry to hear/read about the memory trouble. Hope the pair of you manage to work round it.

You could try cooking in your dishwasher. Two jobs in one, just make certain your seals are watertight.

classic33

Leg End Member
Fried soft egg on a burnt roll, that's living^_^
Another sunny trip out, the basic but a climby basic..
E wind carrying a bit of an edge, brr.
A rare event north of the border, the hosepipe ban..,
carry on:cuppa:
How'd you burn the roll?

The wind at your back as you went uphill!

You never know, you'll turn the telly on/pick a newspaper up one day, and there it'll be "Hosepipe Ban due to heatwave" as either the first item or splashed across the front page.

I will...

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
How'd you burn the roll?

The wind at your back as you went uphill!

You never know, you'll turn the telly on/pick a newspaper up one day, and there it'll be "Hosepipe Ban due to heatwave" as either the first item or splashed across the front page.

I will...
rolls.jpg

Not really but the main downhill was into the teeth of it..
I can't remember the last hosepipe ban , we are blessed with mucho aqua although stocks will have a hit the last month

classic33

Leg End Member
Impressive though: they burn the bread but don't melt the packaging.
Maybe they use thermal shrink wrap!

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Morning all:hello:
I assume 'burnt' rolls are a Jock thing?

Sun, sun sun:hello:
Sunstroke will soon take over from the current afflictions esp. for the peely wally(whit?) ones..
It was on a hot summers day, I soon learned never to dollop sun cream/lotion on your nose
:cuppa:

classic33

Leg End Member
Morning all:hello:
I assume 'burnt' rolls are a Jock thing?

Sun, sun sun:hello:
Sunstroke will soon take over from the current afflictions esp. for the peely wally(whit?) ones..
It was on a hot summers day, I soon learned never to dollop sun cream/lotion on your nose
:cuppa:
Owdo
Quite possible, I'll keep my eyes open though in case they're on sale round here.

Having fun, fun, fun, drinking fresh mangoe juice...
Just keep yerssen covered at all times, should cut your chances. I know you don't see this much sun normally.

Why not? Looking like Rudolph would be one of the last things you'd want at this time of year.

Morning??
Todays Specials.jpg

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Owdo
Quite possible, I'll keep my eyes open though in case they're on sale round here.

Having fun, fun, fun, drinking fresh mangoe juice...
Just keep yerssen covered at all times, should cut your chances. I know you don't see this much sun normally.

Why not? Looking like Rudolph would be one of the last things you'd want at this time of year.

Morning??
The local Coop get supplies from a Fife bakery and the burnt roll top is cremated black...
We must do rolls well up here..
Other favourite is the 'Morton Roll' type
crispy, made with a rougher flour I assume..
nice and chewy..
I can't abide those cheap supermarket ones at all..

talking about rolls and it's lunchtime
(after the rounders catch-up)

Mo1959

Legendary Member
The local Coop get supplies from a Fife bakery and the burnt roll top is cremated black...
We must do rolls well up here..
Other favourite is the 'Morton Roll' type
crispy, made with a rougher flour I assume..
nice and chewy..
I can't abide those cheap supermarket ones at all..

talking about rolls and it's lunchtime
(after the rounders catch-up)
I couldn’t eat these. Don’t like the taste of anything burnt. I quite like something quite rough though with maybe some seeds. Makes you think it’s healthy. :laugh:

Top Bottom