Tea?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Good morning everyone :hello:. After 2 days of frosts, i fear my fruit trees will not be prodcing any fruit this year.:cry:.
Blossom is in full flow here,
I'm thinking its later for some reason.
I remember a flurry of tree planting here in' 77 and early '80s, cherries and malus mostly.
It's good to cycle by and know you'd a hand in most of them.
If I remember right, we got 32 mins to plant each tree so we had to plant 88 a week each and If I'd a quid for every daffodil, tulip bulb I've planted.
The best parts of (ex) work.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Blossom is in full flow here,
I'm thinking its later for some reason.
I remember a flurry of tree planting here in' 77 and early '80s, cherries and malus mostly.
It's good to cycle by and know you'd a hand in most of them.
If I remember right, we got 32 mins to plant each tree so we had to plant 88 a week each and If I'd a quid for every daffodil, tulip bulb I've planted.
The best parts of (ex) work.
Dads got loads of apple trees in his garden and they have lots of flourish too. He just enjoys growing them and only ever eats the odd one. Think he just has one pear tree which is quite new but didn't have any fruit last year. Hopefully might get something off it this year.

I have had a little early tootle as I don't fancy the wind getting any stronger later.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Dads got loads of apple trees in his garden and they have lots of flourish too. He just enjoys growing them and only ever eats the odd one. Think he just has one pear tree which is quite new but didn't have any fruit last year. Hopefully might get something off it this year.

I have had a little early tootle as I don't fancy the wind getting any stronger later.
Wow, just saw that.:okay:

I'm heading out to tie up with the lads giving the track its first cut around their tea break.
something easy today I think, not looking forward to heading back..
I might even stop off for lunch, treat myself^_^

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Have your fruits warmed up yet
This could go downhill rapidly:laugh:

I'll refrain:whistle:

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
That makes a change :okay:
bobminion.jpg

classic33

Leg End Member
Turns out they were some of the better minutes of the day. Slept like a baby.........well, apart from the soiling-the-nappy part, and the waking every few hours demanding to be fed thing.

Good job I chucked some dust sheets over the new fruit trees last night. We had a hard frost, which is only just starting to thaw. In activity deferred from yesterday, I will be on my workshop roof today.
Thought you'd have got passed that stage by now!
Morning all:hello:

Today apparently is 'National Babe Ruth Day' across the pond...
must have been a long time ago as the 'Bambino' is well gone:whistle:

Have a nice day:okay:
I'm going to no matter what:laugh:
Good morning everyone :hello:. After 2 days of frosts, i fear my fruit trees will not be prodcing any fruit this year.:cry:.
You were warned, last week. Summers over.

Half a MO?
Morning?

Not a mistake on my part, the UK's biggest & fastest network went down this morning.
System is just catching up on itself.

Last edited:
Top Bottom