Tea?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
You got geographically embarrassed again?

t'is all coming back now...

Great tip on the hair front.
Get it cut too short to get a proper grip of, saves you pulling it out.
^_^
I use trimmers normally without the 3mm etc bits..
needs cut TBH.
I just pointed and decided which way to go when I arrived at a decision point, more avoiding a icy blast..
It was good though....
I'll do the Pi thing tomorrow,
a relaxing evening I think...
you can't beat a bit of doing nuffin':laugh:

classic33

Leg End Member
^_^
I use trimmers normally without the 3mm etc bits..
needs cut TBH.
I just pointed and decided which way to go when I arrived at a decision point, more avoiding a icy blast..
It was good though....
I'll do the Pi thing tomorrow,
a relaxing evening I think...
you can't beat a bit of doing nuffin':laugh:
A bit of support for you doing nothing.
https://metro.co.uk/2015/10/04/in-d...ons-why-you-should-never-feel-guilty-5408571/
Should you be questioned later, you'll have something to back you up.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Morning all:hello:
giphy.gif

Who's up for some yahoo'in later?

You're not a fan of your "national drink" I take it.
No, not the strong stuffxx(

Blue

Legendary Member
No sign of the sun but the day has got a bit brighter!

The BS had their valuation survey done yesterday(feedback awaited) and this morning I got my Homebuyers Survey booked for next week. I wonder if we might get completion before the end of the year - excitement is mounting:hyper:

I've been busy researching cleaning tips and buying materials so that we can get to work as soon as we get the keys. That will be useful for Mrs B as she can help with that sort of thing and I know she gets a feeling of self worth when she can help with something - dementia can be about little victories when it comes to maintaining some self esteem.

classic33

Leg End Member
No sign of the sun but the day has got a bit brighter!

The BS had their valuation survey done yesterday(feedback awaited) and this morning I got my Homebuyers Survey booked for next week. I wonder if we might get completion before the end of the year - excitement is mounting:hyper:

I've been busy researching cleaning tips and buying materials so that we can get to work as soon as we get the keys. That will be useful for Mrs B as she can help with that sort of thing and I know she gets a feeling of self worth when she can help with something - dementia can be about little victories when it comes to maintaining some self esteem.
You'll be letting us know when we can uncross our fingers then?

Tomato ketchup on brass, can't be beat.

Blue

Legendary Member
You'll be letting us know when we can uncross our fingers then?

Tomato ketchup on brass, can't be beat.
Will do.

Copious supplies of white vinegar, baking soda etc have been bought. I'll take your tip if there is any brass. The bungalow has been sitting empty for a while and has a slight odour that could be either from smoking or the nonenal smell that's present when a person ages(owner is in her mid 90's). Nothing severe but it's a bit like my 96 year old neighbours apartment(he's a non smoker).

I hope to have a few days for cleaning before thoughts turn to redecoration. I'll use shellac based primer before any repainting in case to ensure a good cover of anything. Whether I do the painting or have a decorator in depends on the availability of cash.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Owdo

Why not!

The "strong stuff" is the wrong stuff!
You mean the REAL national drink..
Irn Bru?
who Coke can't knock off its perch..
Love me some fizzy Bru but banned in carpeted areas, a young Mhor once ruined a carpet, long story..
If I'm out and I stop for a break, a can will do nicely..

@Blue white vinegar is the bees knees
I use it watered down in a spray for windows and any surface...

Tomato ketchup on brass, can't be beat. ?
aye Mr C uses it on his neck:laugh:

I'm old fashioned cleaning materials,
can't find any loos clean unless I use bleach..
still think the smell of carbolic soap, Lifeguard disinfectant always meant spotless..
You have to read every label now..
they have 'Bathroom' etc on the label but you can't spray it on this or that....

Funnily I'm having a lunch break and can smell bleach:laugh:

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Will do.

Copious supplies of white vinegar, baking soda etc have been bought. I'll take your tip if there is any brass. The bungalow has been sitting empty for a while and has a slight odour that could be either from smoking or the nonenal smell that's present when a person ages(owner is in her mid 90's). Nothing severe but it's a bit like my 96 year old neighbours apartment(he's a non smoker).

I hope to have a few days for cleaning before thoughts turn to redecoration. I'll use shellac based primer before any repainting in case to ensure a good cover of anything. Whether I do the painting or have a decorator in depends on the availability of cash.
Oops...you posted as I wrote
I use Bicarb on ovens etc, but know someone who wrecked the inside of their microwave, they used it as a paste and never cleaned off properly, tsk tsk.
For stubborn stains on oven glass(and other stubborn stuff), Barkeeper's Friend.. Home Bargains sell it but strong stuff, have to avoid some stuff with it too.
I must be doing it right as Mrs M hasn't picked up on anything first:laugh:

classic33

Leg End Member
You mean the REAL national drink..
Irn Bru?
who Coke can't knock off its perch..
Love me some fizzy Bru but banned in carpeted areas, a young Mhor once ruined a carpet, long story..
If I'm out and I stop for a break, a can will do nicely..

@Blue white vinegar is the bees knees
I use it watered down in a spray for windows and any surface...

Tomato ketchup on brass, can't be beat. ?
aye Mr C uses it on his neck:laugh:

I'm old fashioned cleaning materials,
can't find any loos clean unless I use bleach..
still think the smell of carbolic soap, Lifeguard disinfectant always meant spotless..
You have to read every label now..
they have 'Bathroom' etc on the label but you can't spray it on this or that....

Funnily I'm having a lunch break and can smell bleach:laugh:
The shame of it, unable to hold yer drink.
Would that be the real reason for you having to move?

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Morning all:hello:
Fair windy out there, missed the light breezes:blush:
The shame of it, unable to hold yer drink.
Would that be the real reason for you having to move?
It was the oldest sprog..
no, that was the newest member of the clan...
has worked out well, as we are 15 mins from everybody instead of a hour plus depending on traffic, 2 hr teatime runs were the norm and that was avoiding the worst:ohmy:, morning was 105 on average, normal traffic an hour...
a move was the best idea plus we are much, much closer to other family.
Mind you haven't seen them that often due to you know what..

classic33

Leg End Member
Day 249
The Summer sun shines through yonder window, but brings no warmth. The wind does blow. Soon, it will be over.

Thank God Its Friday.jpg

Morning??

Top Bottom